Search results

1. W

Exotic plecos & Hondurans - Charlotte NC

got a video of the goldies. . . one of them started doing this and now they both do it. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qkh2Uuqvm00&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed...
  2. W

bump the hondurans are getting bigger. . . .
  3. W

they're actually on the reasonable side for what we get in the stores here, plus it's hard to find exotic plecos at all. i saw a papa panaque in a store here once - it was $70 and half the size of the ones i have. well, i'll consider offers, and i'll do a discount if anyone buys multiple fish.
  4. W

i can't believe nobody wants these guys.
  5. W

I have available at this time: 2 L-90 Papa Panaques 3.5" 2 L-14 Goldy Sunshine 2" I also have upwards of 40 Honduran Red Point fry ranging from 1/2 to 1 inch in size. Plecos $50 each, HRP's $3 each. This is for local pickup only.
  6. W

health concerns with 3M Colorquartz

it's repeated exposure to the silicate dusts which can cause cancer. irritates the lungs.
  7. W

gills

ammonia? nitrite? nitrate? water change schedule? what size tank? what fish and how many? what does the gill plate look like - red, white, cottony, slimy. . . . without more information it's like calling the doctor and saying "my finger hurts?" and then expecting him to give a complete...
  8. W

dead fish float or sink?

usually they will sink. if they died from a swim bladder problem or have been dead in the tank too long they will float. missing fish will either be on the floor, in the filter, eaten by other fish, or stuck inside whichever decoration you've already checked 3 times. you're cycling with fish...
  9. W

ghost shrimp

i wouldn't worry about quarantine, but it's not a bad idea to keep them separate for a few days and gut-load them with some better food. i assume these are feeders?
  10. W

LFS problems

i went to a store that had this one 55g display tank in really nasty condition. beautiful fish - rummynose tetras, nice cories, a SIX INCH gold nugget pleco. none of the fish were for sale. i checked. i asked one of the guys why it was looking so bad. apparently the top brace had broken and the...
  11. W

NEVER, EVER.....

i'm sad the OP is gone. i would have liked to ask why she hasn't just returned the fish to the stinkin' lyin' store they came from. . . .
  12. W

EMERGENCY!!!

did you collect the wood yourself or buy it? usually wood is kept on the lowest shelves in the LFS, especially big pieces. down there near the floor they get covered in dust, dirt, cleaning chemicals, and pesticides.
  13. W

Growth Inhibitor Hormones and Carbon

heaters inside the tank(s) keep the temperature stable, and you can also add heaters at other points in the system.
  14. W

Gravel removal and Replacement

^ i agree. get a pile of it in the python and then let it drop into a net or plastic container. that way it is being cleaned as you take it out and there will be a minimum amount of debris that gets into the water.
  15. W

We never think about this part of our Tanks

that's what tomorrow is going to look like - moving two hours away with 2 30's, 50, 55, and 150.
  16. W

Python or Aqueon water changer/gravel cleaner?

the only thing i would suggest with the python is getting a brass adapter for the faucet instead of just using the plastic adapter. i really like having that, and since i just leave it on the sink it looks better than the plastic too. the venturi's (i guess the green stem piece) do break after a...
  17. W

idea's for fish to put in an asian tank

clown knife, true giant gourami, big clown loaches.
  18. W

feeder goldfish vs pinkies

neither - pinkies have mammalian fats that fish are not able to properly digest (as already stated above) but goldfish are low in nutrients, very fatty themselves, and also contain an enzyme - thiaminase - that will inhibit your p's from absorbing the proper amount of vitamin B, which can lead...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store