Search results

1. S

Oscar Experts Needed

Ok so if that hole gets more than a pin size than i need to figure out the problem and make adjustments.... got it. I just got confused because i read some people say that there Oscar does not have sensory pits and then some say they do...i just dont understand...
  2. S

Oscar Experts Needed

fayfay, Yea they are hardly noticeable. The only reason i noticed the one pit so fast is because its smack dab right in between the little guys eyes, but he has another on on the side of his head too.
  3. S

Oscar Experts Needed

Iffrat, Im not talking about the nostril..but thanks for your help anyways.
  4. S

Oscar Experts Needed

Iffrat, My fish has the hole in almost the same exact spot!
  5. S

Oscar Experts Needed

Yea it really doesnt look like HITH, HITH usually just starts off as a gray sore spot and grows deeper. This just looks like a perfect tiny hole. Its really odd. I was thinking maybe like some sort of sensory pit but i dont know...
  6. S

Oscar Experts Needed

Hi everyone, So i have a young oscar im guessing about six months old. He is about 3 inches and he is in a 150g tank to himself. I have noticed on his head he has a pin needle sized hole?? I know what HITH looks like and it honestly does not look like HITH. It almost look like someone stabbed...
  7. S

Albino Ruby Oscar

Hows the oscar doing man?
  8. S

Catching a wild Snakeheads in Potomic.

I saw a documentery on tv the other day about Snakeheads, and how they are becoming a native specie in the rivers and lakes around the Washington DC area. Just curius...has anyone caught one around this area? I live about two hours from DC and i have a 23 foot fishing boat that my dad and i...
  9. S

HELP QUICK FAILING OSCAR!!!!

Yea 68 is way to cold. I keep my water at 80 because its a let chance for them to get parasites.
  10. S

Iowa Flooding — North Dakota Flooding in pictures

Thats crazy. Im shocked.
  11. S

is this cruel and acceptable?

Hmmmm, i think of myself as a pretty tough person when it comes to feeding live food. It does not bother me to watching a fish eat a live animal. But using a animal with a happy long life ahead of him such as a cute baby duck as live food, that crosses the line in my opinion, i would rather...
  12. S

1000 gallon build

First off, i love the amazon tank idea! Amazon fish are by far my favorite type of fish. But i must say, i am very upset you got rid of that pacu! I guess ill get over it.... Please post some more pics next time you log on.
  13. S

Great news,My Channa-ornatipinnis have laid eggs

I just read the entire thread, truly amazing....
  14. S

rate the avatar above you!!!

tiny headed lizard man doctor with normal human hands..........................10!!!!
  15. S

MFK's Favorite Local Fish Stores

Azalea's Aquarium in Richmond VA. Its kind of a old dumpy building, but they always have crazy rare fish. I saw an African Goliath Tiger Fish in there last week!
  16. S

Names of your fish?

Pacu1- Chops Pacu2-Sushi Oscar- Grouch (as in oscar the grouch from sesame street)
  17. S

240 Gal project with pics

That sounds awesome! Please post some pics of it once your done. Good luck.
  18. S

Melaflix and Pimafix Question

OK thanks. I guess ill have to cut apart that pad and get the carbon out of those little plastic holder things..
  19. S

Melaflix and Pimafix Question

On the bottle it says remove the activated carbon if possible. I am planning on removing the carbon from my canister filter, but i have carbon in the filter PADS on my emperor 400. Will the carbon mess up with the medications or will they still work just fine? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
  20. S

Pacu fin problem

OK thanks. Where do i get this melaflex and primaflex? At a average fish store? Like petsmart or petco?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store