Search results

1. J

New to Discus :)

Thanks mate, advice taken :) Doing a water change later so will get pics then (tanks a little yellow due to drift wood). Discus tend to stay at the back when the lights are on, little shy as their only 3" but im sure they will start coming out for photo shoots soon!
  2. J

New to Discus :)

Hi, after selling my big Predators over the Christmas period I have been busy over the last month or two re-stocking my 260g tank. Discus: Blue Tiger, Red Alenquer, Green Japura, San Merah, Red Marlboro, Pidgeon Blood, Blue Diamond Tankmates: Gold Tetra, Cardinal Tetra, Emerald Catfish...
  3. J

Newbie to Marine

Got some new stock yesterday, perameters are looking good, Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 0 Po4: 0.3 - 1.5" Yellow Tang, 1" Hippo Tang, 3/4" Green Clown Goby - Red Starfish - Leather Toadstool, Branching Tree Coral :) Pics to follow........
  4. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Ok, so had a little re-think today, stock is going to look more like this: 8 Discus 10 Corydoras 3-4 Brochis 15 Bleeding Heart Tetra 2 Festivum Cichlids 2 Pairs Dwarf Cichlids 2 Starlight Bristle nose Plec 1 Green Phantom Pleco 1 Sunshine Plec The original stock list would have ment alot...
  5. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Thanks mate. Sold them all fancied a change Thanks, hope so
  6. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Diet? Looks ok to me. Will probably get fish around 3-4"
  7. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Going for an Amazon setup so no Roselines. Thanks anyway The Discus will most likely be first in the tank with a few Corys so feeding will not be an issue. The filters are mature and at the moment there is still a 17" Vulture cat cruising around in there. Should be gone this wk. My parameters...
  8. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Nice one Im probably going to get all young fish I like watching them grow :) I know what you mean about Plecs Ive kept a few in the past, poop machines lol. Most likely get some smaller types, Bristle nose etc Thanks for the heads up though
  9. J

STOCKING IDEAS ?

Hi, Ive decided to move in a new direction with my tank. I was currently keeping large predetory fish, Peacock Bass. Ive kept many different types of fish over the past 20yrs but never Discus so here I go :) The tank is 84x30x24" (h) .... so loads of room, Filtration: 2 x FX5's. The substrate...
  10. J

Newbie to Marine

Little update. Tanks coming along well; Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 2, Po4: 0.3ish Decided to add some more stock: - Watchman Goby Pair - not seen much of these since I put them in Saturday - Lawnmower Blenny - named Benny - 5 Nassarius Snails - 2 Astrea Snails - 3 head Pulsing Xeina -...
  11. J

Picked up a yellow watchman!!

I have the same problem. Last wk I bought a mated pair of Yellow Watchmans. Ive seen a few glimses of the female but not seen the male since he went in :(
  12. J

Newbie to Marine

Not my choice this time around mate, dont have any kids either. I got the go ahead on a salty tank provided the missus could choose the fish! I havent let her have any say over my FW set-up ha. Anyways, I like them as well
  13. J

Newbie to Marine

Haha
  14. J

Can anyone tell me the sex of my 26" Temensis Peacock bass

You've not had much luck with your fish mate have you?! That was my Dorado his dorsal fin was bent ... lovely fish though ... sorry I sold him! No Preds going in my Reef tank mate. Thanks anyway Top pics an Orino mate not a Kelb
  15. J

Temensis died acclimating it

I introduced 2 Tems both 10" into my tank and my 15" Orino mauled 1 and killed the other two days later... I feel your pain its horrible losing a Bass!
  16. J

Can anyone tell me the sex of my 26" Temensis Peacock bass

Are them Monos the ones you bought from me? Noticed you had the Dorado I sold you up for sale he's massive now, still has the defect in his dorsal fin though :(
  17. J

Newbie to Marine

Thanks mate they are awesome!
  18. J

Newbie to Marine

yes mate thats all the LR now and yes the Fiji was not cheap but worth the extra cost. added my first stock yesterday: 2x Percula Clownfish CUC: 1x Cleaner Shrimp, 2x Turbo Snails, 2x Blue Leg Hermits & 1x Red Leg Hermit Perameters are all good: Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 2.5. Going to...
  19. J

Bout time... got a good size tank!

Looking good I like the rock work!
  20. J

Updated 500 - Peacock Bass w/South-Central-Madagascar Cichlids

Wow great set up and so peaceful! My tank is like WW3 lol
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store