Search results

1. Z

Calcium coated crickets?!?

you can buy a bottle, pour half the powder in a ziploc bag, and add crickets when needed. this will last you basically forever.:) the petstore charging for this is just rediculous.
  2. Z

lung crushed airstone pics

GADZOOKS!!!!:nilly:
  3. Z

ID Please - South American or African Lungfish

definitely an african
  4. Z

The perfect lungfish hides

i'm jealous. and my lungfish is jealous too.
  5. Z

Lung Fish.. Illegal???

chances are whatever state you bought it in, it's legal there. i heard a rumor they were illegal in 48 states, but haven't been able to find a definitive list. i bought mine in NH. i'm sure the law is just to keep them from being introduced into lakes and streams once they've outgrown their...
  6. Z

HELP Lungfish ill

that stinks. sorry to hear that.:(
  7. Z

Lung in a community?

i put my african in a community tank when i first got him. he tore through them all overnight. we don't like to talk about that day anymore in our home...... :)
  8. Z

anyone here been bitten!

i've never been brave enough to feed by hand. i just drop in a bunch of live goldfish once a week. their mouths are deceptively huge!! mine could easily swallow a few fingers. i keep him because i really like him. he's a neat pet and this may sound strange... but he smiles at me when i get...
  9. Z

lungfish noises???

first chance he gets i know my african is going to eat me. :) i feed mine large goldfish. he eats around 15-20 a week and is almost 2 1/2 feet long. maybe upping the protein will help yours grow faster, but if it looks healthy, then maybe you should just keep it on it's current diet.
  10. Z

MY PET LUNGFISH EATING

nice looking fish. cool video!
  11. Z

Lungfish with others?

it took me 4 tries to get a pleco big enough to stand up to my lungfish. the things are beasts! i'd say throw in a bunch of goldfish every week to keep the lungfish occupied and hope for the best. good luck!
  12. Z

Turtle/tortoise... I can't make up my mind.

i'd go with a red-foot. i've had mine for 2 years and it's great!
  13. Z

Problem with tortoise...help please.

my tortoise goes crazy at night, digging and cruising around. i feel your pain.
  14. Z

Look what showed up on my front steps!

very cool. i found one of those in NH a few years ago.
  15. Z

weirdest fish incident

i had a goldfish in a 1 gallon plastic water bottle with the top cut off. i never changed the water and used to pour mountain dew in the water. it lived over a year.
  16. Z

Really good Vids of my African

hahah awesome name!! i named my dog butters!! i named my lungfish freddie mercury. my wife named the fish, i named the dog.
  17. Z

Good Price on African?

i bought my african lungfish for $30 2 years ago. that's definitely a good price. he's 2 feet long, so i hope you're ready for the size commitment. (these guys grow pretty fast) i have a 40 gallon tank for mine. as for care, i went through 3 plecosthamus' before i got one big enough that he...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store