Search results

1. M

Building a 9'x25' pond

Hey Yan...You Know me...I do check in, but not have had a chance to check up on the current builds. If there are any specific questions PM's will pop up in my mailbox. Thanks for the continued interest and nice words. I am proud of the pond and do appreciate it. As you know hobbies can...
  2. M

*new* Build - 4200G - help with details plz

Just picked up your build and responded to the pm, any updates?
  3. M

Brrrrrr

Brrr indeed. Any concerns about freezing plumbing?
  4. M

New Tropical Pond

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the plants, but thanks for keeping the updates coming. The opportunity to keep africans in a natural setting is awesome. I have strayed away from the pond site due to a reef addiction, but still enjoy my africans more than anything else.
  5. M

92 custom corner stand build

Finally have it plumbed and running. I tried a couple new things that I am really happy with. The rear corner megaflow was too tight for a durso so I went with a herbie overflow which was new to me. Its using one drain as full suction controlled by a valve, completly silent without bubbles or...
  6. M

Thanks. Its not the monster challenge of a pond, but still pretty cool on a small scale. We went out camping for a few days so no updates. If you have a corner for it they are a cool tank. After owning many standard tanks I am really a fan of the corner now. I see you have a true monster in...
  7. M

Thanks. Here is a picture of it with some stain. And starting the sump
  8. M

Need ideas for building stand pls help

Why only 23.5" high?
  9. M

Why are bio balls better in a trickle filter?

The main concept behind bio balls is that in a shower filter, where water is crashing over them, not just trickling, ammonia directly off gasses and skips the nitrite-nitrate stage. In theory not as much nitrate will be made and rise as quickly in a tank. The large voids in the balls cause...
  10. M

These are pretty cool 1/4 cylinder tanks that give a nice amount of surface area. I have wanted to set one up for awile and am finally getting to it. The manufactured stand choices are pretty limited so I decided to build one nice and tall and custom for my corner. Experimenting with height...
  11. M

The moat

Looks insane. Do you have a more detailed thread or page on it anywhere?
  12. M

Building a 9'x25' pond

Only partial. I love how they look, but have mixed feelings on how everything is reacting to them. I am going to run a bank of leds, 6xT5HO and another bank of leds to get the best of both worlds hopefully. Here is a pic of my nano under the leds. Here are some pond pics from this morning...
  13. M

Building a 9'x25' pond

I agree. They are awesome and are really coming along. I built a 24x3w cree fixture for my nano reef tank and love the look of it. I am thinking of keeping it simple for now though and just getting some color changing led lights to mount to the bottom drain aerator to light up the bubble...
  14. M

More water flow + mechanical filtering and possibly UV??

I thought you were trying to fight green. If its brown mud flushing it out may be the best. Hard to give advice without seeing it. How much silt is in there? Worth trying to filter out or drain completly and refill? UV will eliminate all green if its large enough. Shower filter alone...
  15. M

Thats a decent plan. Depending on the quality of your fresh water supply you may not want to change that much water out. My city water is high in ammonia and phosphate and makes an algae bloom if I add too much. Maybe just pump out enough to clean the bottom. If you have a slope you can get...
  16. M

quaraentine

Very nice pond and landscaping, looks great!
  17. M

quaraentine

Cool. The reef has pulled me to the dark side and away form the pond, but there is something about a pond. Do you have any pictures of yours? I didn't quarantine either then adding some 3" koi wiped out some of my nicer fish. Very heartbreaking. Where did you get your fish from?
  18. M

quaraentine

Thats one thing I would not skimp on. Unless you are treating the quarantine pool and scope all the fish several times I would wait at least 5-6 weeks. Some people suggest even longer. One issue on a stressed fish may not show up for several weeks and then wipe out your whole pond. Many people...
  19. M

Building a 9'x25' pond

Thanks, I actually have them in two seperate ponds, the turtles would not be happy in the big pond without any hiding structure and would probably get sucked right down the drain. Eventually after some modifications I will move them to the larger pond when they get full grown in several more...
  20. M

If you just want movement I think back to the earlier idea of an air pump would be the best way. They move a huge widespread volume of water, much more than a pump on the bottom and no clogging/maintenance since its outside the pond and use a fraction of the energy. Something around 50lpm and...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store