Search results

1. rucus

Urgent!

If it were me I would add the salt after a partial water change. I'd also slowly increase temperature a few degrees and add an air stone if needed to ensure good oxygen exchange. Keep us posted. Fingers crossed for you.
  2. rucus

Need advice regarding Hair Algae

What kind of fish are those? Kinda looks like a jewel cichlid but I wasn't sure. Also, is that a livebearer in with them? Beautiful fish and tank. I really like that look.
  3. rucus

Idea for 40 gallon breeder

I recently setup a 40b with a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides super reds. I got some plants going too. New to planted tanks but it's been a fun learning experience so far.
  4. rucus

What could be causing deaths

They don't seem to have any pattern to them. I just pulled another neon out that quit eating days ago and went off on his own. I could tell it was near death anyway as it shriveled up to a tiny size. Almost looked like the spine went crooked. I am beginning to think this is an outbreak of neon...
  5. rucus

Ph 7.4-7.8 I use prime water conditioner at water changes. Dose weekly with regular Flourish for plants.
  6. rucus

So I setup a 40B planted a little while back. I've been losing rummynose tetras and neons and cannot figure out why. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The fish that have died seem to segregate themselves and stop eating until they wither away to damn near nothing. Then they become so...
  7. rucus

Friend need help

I think if he keeps them in there too much longer together, his problems will take care of themselves. It's not going to work the way he hopes unfortunately. Great fish though.
  8. rucus

Pics of my fish

Nice fish. Plant looks super healthy too.
  9. rucus

Lost a canister last night

Sorry to hear your canister crapped out on you. I'm always afraid of that happening but have never had one go out in use before. How old was yours out of curiosity? Congrats on the 1k though ;)
  10. rucus

Starting a 75 build around 2 Red Spotted Severums

True statement! The clowns grow like molasses.....painfully slow
  11. rucus

Starting a 75 build around 2 Red Spotted Severums

Welcome to the forum officially. 75 gallon is a great size tank that opens up lots of new possibilities. I like your stocking ideas. Check out the botia loaches as they don't get as big and are also fun to watch. Looking forward to hearing what you end up stocking that tank with. And pictures!
  12. rucus

Thinking of going Saltwater

You want width as well as length. 75 is a good footprint. The taller you go in height then the more expensive/powerful your reef lighting will need to be in order to reach depths. Lots of reefers use 40 breeder tanks with small sumps. They are not deep but have a good width for piling live rock...
  13. rucus

What are these growths

Do you think they will eventually die off on their own? Can they cause any harm to my freshwater parameters? They seem to be thriving thus far.
  14. rucus

What are these growths

Negative, this is freshwater with 3 neon tetras, 6 rummynose. I thought it looked like saltwater growths at first then quickly ruled it out as ridiculous... Wtf do I do with these things lol.
  15. rucus

What are these growths

I just set up a new 40b over the weekend. Everything is new, tank, canister, glass canopy, cichlid substrate, ect. Only thing I bought used were little caves I found in a dry goods box at LFS for cheap. Also bought 2 live plants. Tanks running 3 days and I see these tiny little things growing on...
  16. rucus

Which Type of an African cichlid is this?

Definitely need a better pic. At first it almost looked like a Juli to me with the markings.
  17. rucus

Can we keep two super red arowanas

Most likely they will harm one another or stress each other out if left together for long. It is generally not a good idea to keep 2 in the same tank. If the tank were large enough you could use a divider.
  18. rucus

Loving my water clarity after a water change.

Me too lol. Tank looks great though. ;)
  19. rucus

Just wanna share my 2 x 285 gallon tank

Those are stunning. Cannot wait to see the 7,000 gallon. Thanks for sharing.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store