Search results

1. D

180gal complete freshwater setup. Denver, CO - Pickup only

For sale is an established 180 gallon aquarium and a custom natural oal stand. This tank has been up and running for the last 5+ years. It is a complete setup with an established sump filtration system. The tank was resealed when I set this up 5 years ago. The filtration system utlizes a top...
  2. D

Chromidotilapia Guntheri

I could possibly ship them. I have never shipped before, but I know a few vendors in the area that might be able to help me out. Let me check with them and I will PM with rates.
  3. D

Chromidotilapia Guntheri

I got their parents from Mike's Killer Fish shortly before he closed shop. Anyone in Denver would know he only sold good stock and these are no exception.
  4. D

Chromidotilapia Guntheri

Please forgive the bad photos and the algae. I suck at fish pictures and this weekend is it's by-weekly cleaning time.. Here's one of the females: Another pic of the male from the first pic:
  5. D

Chromidotilapia Guntheri

I have 8 Chrome. Guntheri available in the Denver Colorado area. All are about 1" +/- and are eating pellet food just fine. There are 3 definate females showing great color and so far none seem to be pairing off yet. I have no idea what they are worth so I will start at $15 for the lot of them...
  6. D

Chromidotilapia guntheri have eggs!!

Anyone?
  7. D

Colorado

The chromidotilapias I picked up there have already paired off and it looks like the male is holding the eggs in his mouth!!
  8. D

Chromidotilapia guntheri have eggs!!

Just bought a pair from my LFS, the owner pointed out a male and a female he said were starting to pair off. Sure enough, 10 days later the male is carrying eggs in his mouth. Now, I've never bred fish before so I have no idea how to do this. I know they are bi-parental mouth brooders, but...
  9. D

Colorado

I've met and dealt with Sam and Kurt with rocky-mountain cichlids. Great pair of guys. The two big differences between them and Mike's KF is that RMcichlids is strictly online (local pick-up ok) and that RMcichlids specializes more in African breeds. I believe the rocky mountain cichlid...
  10. D

Colorado

There's a couple places on the Aurora side of things. There's the fish palace at Yale & Havanna, and Todd's at Hampdon & Havanna (right across from the golf course). You can also go to Rockymountaincichlids.com If you tell them you are from Denver, they will arrange a pick-up. They only...
  11. D

Free Arowana in COLORADO

I saw that earlier. The message has been deleted, must be gone now.
  12. D

head humps

I've seen a few Honduran Red points develop small ones similar to convicts.
  13. D

Any know other forums with buy/sell threads?

www.vwvortex.com <-- only deals with VW's and Audi's though, no fish.
  14. D

How many hours do you spend each day on MFK???

Avarage time per visited day: 1:31:22 Hours and I only visit twice a day. Once before work, then again just before bed. It really takes this long to go through the 25+ pages of updated threads.
  15. D

F1 Honduran Redpoints

I love HRP's. I've got one 4" male that was one of my first cichlids. I had no idea how big it would get, what colors, anything. The one thing I did know is that the one would live comfortably in my newly aquired 55. He's definately the most interactive fish I have ever owned, although my...
  16. D

Colorado

I can do the 1st. I've got my calendar marked!!
  17. D

Tank growing algae; should I get a pleco?

Another thought would be to cut down on the amount of food given to the fish. Algae has a tendency to grow in "nutrient rich" water which can be an indication of over-feeding. I used to feed my 55 gallon angel tank daily and would need to scrub the glass at least once a week. When I cut back...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store