Search results

1. HarleyK

My first spawn of African pike characin (Hepsetus odoe)

@giseok jung Your efforts, your successes, your dedication to the fish and the hobby all embody the best of /\/\onsterFishKeepers. You shining a spotlight on Pike Characin, bringing us all together to share information … it makes me smile every time I open this thread. Thank you for this!
  2. HarleyK

Good question. I wasn’t aware of Sascha. Bernd reported it December 2009. And even though his original post is no longer available, I did summarize it here at the time: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/hepsetus-odoe-spawned-in-german-home-aquarium.573521/ It would be really...
  3. HarleyK

Cool experiment. You spoke with Bernd?
  4. HarleyK

Blue / Green Phantom

Howdy I’ve read that the blue and green might be the same species just collected from different areas. True?? Which makes me wonder if it’s genetics or water conditions/ diet. Has anyone here seen their phantom change over from one color to the other? thanks HarleyK
  5. HarleyK

Love ‘em L239

@bkfamus thanks for the empathy.
  6. HarleyK

Love ‘em L239

Yikes. Not sure what happened, but one after the other I’ve lost at least 4 out of the 5 that I bought. Can’t find the fifth. 😭
  7. HarleyK

Wonderful! Could you share your tank size, water parameters, temperature? Mine didn’t want to spawn until the temp went up considerably. Maybe a trigger? Also: what have you been feeding the parents? Mine were on Massivore pellets.
  8. HarleyK

By the way, this was my thread. Maybe you can find something there that helps you. I'm rooting for you, this is awesome. Tubifex is a great idea, you've got this! Odoe Pikes making foam ... | MonsterFishKeepers.com
  9. HarleyK

Great pictures. I had a high rate of cannibalism. I started feeding with nauplia/brine shrimp. Once the baby Odoes were large enough to accept newborn Endler fry they slowed down eating their siblings.
  10. HarleyK

This is wonderful news. What a great experience. Congratulations! Brings back memories. Please make sure to document water parameters, temperature etc. I’m subscribing to your threat :mwave:
  11. HarleyK

Love ‘em L239

Howdy, I’ve been looking for Blue Panaque for a while and finally got five of them. They need to fatten up a bit but are generally in good shape. Just about 2’’ in size. I’m looking forward to watching them color up as they settle in. HarleK
  12. HarleyK

Love ‘em L204

I saw these in the brick and mortar store of one of our vendors: The Monster Aquarium. Great quality, beautiful fish, I couldn’t resist and got five of them. Can’t wait to see them grow. They’re just over 1’’ now. stay tuned, HarleyK
  13. HarleyK

Love 'em L114

14. HarleyK

Red Pencilfish ~ Nannostomus mortenthaleri

Thank you for your kind posts, guys 🙂
  15. HarleyK

Red Pencilfish ~ Nannostomus mortenthaleri

What a beautiful fish! They’re in my quarantine tank right now, can’t wait to see them settled into their final space.
  16. HarleyK

Marbled Headstander?

Thank you for your insights, those were most helpful. That was actually a picture from the Fish Store…
  17. HarleyK

Which Royal am I?

Max size? Thanks!!!!!!
  18. HarleyK

Marbled Headstander?

Howdy, I was wondering if those of you who have kept the fish could share your experiences. I read that they are herbivores, and I was wondering if one of you has kept them with Hardy plans such as Anubias. Any other things to consider? Thanks a bunch!
  19. HarleyK

Ugly duckling

Nice!
  20. HarleyK

My biggest food bucket yet

lol, I rotate the containers: My larger non-monsters get the top three quarters with flakes intact. Then my Endler colonies get the crumbs. Win-win!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store