Search results

1. A

Age/size for breeding hognose snakes

How big is she? If she's a full grown female you're going to have a hard time finding a male her size, there's a pretty significant size difference between an adult male and an adult female. I've never bred hognose snake before but id think it would be size and weight that would play more of a...
  2. A

stores are not carrying newts anymore?

The store I work at doesn't carry much for newts simply because of their temperature needs. When room temp is 78-80 in the reptile room it makes them uncomfortable when they prefer temps of 65. Not sure if that has anything to do with other stores but that's the major reason we don't have them...
  3. A

Fly River turtle

This ones 10+ years old and I've only seen one other in my province and it's of equivalent age. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. A

Figured it's about time I post my odd pair

They've been together since smallish. Around the 8-10" mark. So not babies but still young. The jar is past 20" now and I haven't seen aggression yet and the silvers almost there, just a couple inches shy. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  5. A

I will mention the size difference isn't as big as it seems in the photo. The jardini is at the front and the silver is at the very back on the pic Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  6. A

Haven't been very active on this forum for a while due to university finals last month but I figure it's time I post my odd pair. They're inseparable, the swim side by side most of the day and there hasn't been ever been any signs of aggression. The jardini is 21" and the silver is about 17"...
  7. A

New sulcata

I'll get some pics if his home hopefully tomorrow. He's in a mostly closed chamber as high humidity is very important for young sulcatas to develop smooth shell growth into adulthood. He only weighs 201g right now so he's definitely got a long weigh to go. Sent from my iPhone using...
  8. A

New sulcata

I have a laundry room that's 25' by 15' that only has a washer and dryer. The rest can easily be outfitted as an indoor pen for him to live in over winter. If I didn't have this much space available I wouldn't have gone with a sulcata. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  9. A

New sulcata

As soon as it warms up, hopefully beginning of May. Living in central canada tortoises can only be outside for half the year. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. A

New sulcata

Just got him a week ago and doing great. He's off the wood chips and on coco coir now tho. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. A

Fly River turtle

African cichlids do amazingly well in our tap water which is why I've never messed with it for him Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. A

Do I have a boy on my hands?

And I mist him because he seems to prefer to drink water drops off the glass. I have to mist my chams a couple times a day to give them an opportunity to drink so I give him a quick spray at the same time. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  13. A

pops: he loves his baths which is why I do it a few times a week. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  14. A

I'm sure that with all your assumptions you know exactly what I'm doing. The room he is in is set at 80 degrees. There is no need for a high wattage basking bulb as it's not hard to raise one area in his enclosure to a proper basking temp. He is not dehydrated and never has been. Just because...
  15. A

I'm pretty handy so I'm just going to build a bigger enclosure down the road. He's been head bobbing for a couple months already. He gets a mix of greens and healthy veggies with some fruit (I just downloaded the feeding chart from green iguana society for when I go to buy food). Sent from my...
  16. A

He was upset. He doesn't like being handled much. I know how to spot a dehydrated reptile and he's fine. He has constant access to water and fresh food. He gets misted 2-3 times daily and soaked every other day to make sure his water intake is where it should be. Sent from my iPhone using...
  17. A

Fly River turtle

My ph straight outta the tap is 8.3 and holds well as I do water changes every 3-4 days. I should have enough salt to bring it up to 1.002 Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  18. A

And as far as I can see he's at a proper weight. I wouldn't say he's underweight at all. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  19. A

Fly River turtle

Oddball: How much salt is being used in your brackish tank? I don't have a problem converting it. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  20. A

His basking spot is between 95-100 depending on exactly where he is perched. He's only about 7 months old now and 20" long. When I got him he was being fed kale and crickets and took a while to take to a proper diet. He now gets collard, mustard greens, chard, a couple different kinda of squash...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store