Search results

1. F

FS- Various Aquarium Equipment Buffalo, NY Pickup/Shipping

hey- i'm selling some of my old aquarium equipment. all of it works fine but are in used gently condition. i cleaned all with warm water and vinegar. here's the list: penguin 1140 powerhead 300 gph- 10 bucks (suction cup attachment only) aquaclear 50 powerhead 270 gph- 15 bucks comes with all...
  2. F

Cheapest filter possible

I have a powerhead with a peanut butter jar attached to the bottom. its got foam and ceramic rings in it. its awesome. plus, I can put anything in there cause it holds a huge amount of media.thats an old pic, the green twist ties aren't there anymore. I used biomax rings, but you can use...
  3. F

Eheim canisters you'd recommend for two tanks I'm setting up

id vote for the fluval fx6 or maybe one of the nu-clear inline filters myself. the latter ones are tough, heavy duty.
  4. F

Is my filtration OK for large cichlids?

wow lol, these posts are crazy. id say hell yeah for a 75 or 90 for one oscar fish. and the filtration is good too. finally, at several pet stores around me, there's big oscarts for sale that are an easy 12-15". so one being 16" is possible. of course ony to know for sure would be to...
  5. F

Penn Plax Cascade 1500 or Fluval 406?

i would buy the fluval 406 filter myself. i owned a fluval 104 a few years ago and i liked it alot. in addition, the media was re usable, the unit was quiet, and the filter required a minimum of maintenance. thats the only reason why i recommend it. the cascade 1500 canister looks like...
  6. F

Looking for good filtration that won't break the bank.

want an inexpensive, kick ass filter? build one like mine. get a peanut butter jar, carve a hole in the lid the size of the intake for a powerhead. cut out the bottom of the container and add a sink strainer. fill it up with foam and carbon. push that powerhead into the hole in the lid so...
  7. F

240 community tank journal

yeah man those fish are gorgeous! beautiful aquarium!
  8. F

My t ank is way overstocked

lol i thought this thread would be about 4 10" oscars in 10 gallon or something crazy like that lol. but seriously, 5 platies and 3 minnows! lol, man you're fine! id add a sponge filter though- those things just plain rock! oh, and i wish nothing but the best to you and your dad...
  9. F

Prevention of Siphoning during Power Outtage for Wet Dry Filter

yes the overflows are pvc pipe i copied from the internet. the tips on drilling holes are very very good ideas!
  10. F

all right. so i cut a few holes on the inlet pipe. that could work i think. thanks.
  11. F

hey- i am setting up a wet dry filter for my aquarium. sometimes we get brownouts around my area at the worst times, like when i am at work. so, if i setup a wet dry system and a brownout occurs, is there a way to prevent water from siphoning into the wet dry filter from the fish tank...
  12. F

Eheim 2260 NEED HELP

i used to own an eheim 2250. it had no drain valve at the bottom. perhaps the connector inside needs to be tightened to the one ouside, if you follow me. i would check the o-ring part as well, if indeed it has one.
  13. F

LARGE ANUBIAS BARTERI GROWING ON DECORATIVE WOOD

hi- for sale is an anubias barteri growing on a plastic piece of wood. the plastic decorative wood piece was bought from petsmart. i fille dit in with epoxy so no fish food or animal waste can get into the branches, causing potentialhealth issues otherwise. with the epoxy fillign the plant...
  14. F

BRAND NEW AQUAKING POWER FILTER

hi- for sale i have a brand new aquaking power filter. the filter belonged to my friend's grandfather who passed away. i helped my buddy clean out his grandparent's house when we stumbled on this in the basement. he gave it to me, but i never had a use for it, prefering my own diy filters...
  15. F

Fed up with Eheim and Fluval canister filters

i build my own filters now. peanut butter jars and powerheads rock for mechanical and chemical while sponge filters handle the bio. works gr8!
  16. F

What kind of filter for 15 gallon

try amazon.com too. their prices are very competitive with the aquarium hobby ones.
  17. F

DIY rocks

that's exactly what i was thinking. thanks for finding the article dude!!! DIY ROCKS!
  18. F

New Project!

looks good man. the stand looks to be very well made. i love this diy stuff. keep it going man!!!
  19. F

The Woefully Underappreciated Sponge Filter

sponge filters rock! this thread rocks too! ive always used sponge filters and never had a problem with them!!!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store