Search results

1. ?

ID please- Strange pink stoney thing with whiskers

Thanks! It's definitely hard. I guess it might be some sort of non-photosynthetic coral. It's growing on a piece of rock I bought from an LFS's unlit tank. Looks a bit like an Indonesian Chili Coral or a Fuzzy Carrot, but those hairs are the weird things... they don't look like sweeper...
  2. ?

ID please- Strange pink stoney thing with whiskers

Hi all. I haven't been here in a long time. I moved and went pico, so I am definitely not Monster anymore, but it's all good right? lol So, my tank has been doing pretty well for a year or so now, aside from being pretty much empty because I lost my job before I could fully stock it. I do...
  3. ?

Current USA Nova Extreme 36" and more, CHEAP!- SoCal/Lake Elsinore, Ca- Pick Up

Updated list: 43 lbs dry base rock (small and medium pieces Fiji, Tonga Branch, tufa)- $20 whole box 30 gallon tall- $25 Stand- $40 30 gallon breeder- $25 Current USA 36” Nova Extreme T5ho 4x 39w- $60 Hagen Glo 48” T5HO 2x54w- $20 (a little rust but works great) (2) 10 gallon tanks-...
  4. ?

Updated item list: 30+ lbs dry base rock (small and medium pieces Fiji, Tonga Branch, tufa)- $20 whole box- PENDING Coralife light- PENDING 30 gallon tall- $25 Stand- $40 30 gallon breeder- $25 Current USA 36” Nova Extreme T5ho 4x 39w- $60 Hagen Glo 48” T5HO 2x54w- $20 (a little...
  5. ?

Price Drop! I want this stuff gone, and the money will really help right now. 30+ lbs dry base rock (small and medium pieces Fiji, Tonga Branch, tufa)- $20 whole box 30 gallon tall- $25 Stand- $40 30 gallon breeder- $25 Current USA 36” Nova Extreme T5ho 4x 39w- $60 Hagen Glo 48”...
  6. ?

Sorry for the wait. Here's some pics. It's pretty much like new, but I can't use it right now. The bag has the mounting legs.
  7. ?

Sorry, I'm never really out in Westminster. I also forgot to take pictures. I'm away from the house, so I'll post some tomorrow.
  8. ?

Update: All items still available. Also have a Coralife 24" 65w Aqualight power compact strip- $20
  9. ?

Having others take care of your fish.

I actually ended up losing my reef last year when I went on vacation and left my mom in charge of the tank. She paid wonderful attention to what I taught her and even took notes. Unfortunately, my younger brother had an extreme fascination with my bubble tip anemone. He ended up trying to...
  10. ?

Hey, SoCal MFK. I have the following items for sale: 30+ lbs dry base rock (small and medium pieces Fiji, Tonga Branch, tufa)- $1 to $5 a piece 30 gallon tall- $35 Stand- $50 30 gallon breeder- $35 Current USA 36” Nova Extreme T5ho 4x 39w- $75 Hagen Glo 48” T5HO 2x54w- $25 (a...
  11. ?

Problem with Nova Extreme fixture.

Alright, I'll try that. That sounds better than replacing a ballast for sure. I'll check it out. I hope it's wiring and I can fix it today, because my corals are pissed with the sudden change in lighting.
  12. ?

Problem with Nova Extreme fixture.

I've been using the Nova Extreme t5 HO on my reef for a while now. It's suddenly developed a problem. It's a 4x, and two of the bulbs work and the other two don't. I replaced the bulbs, but that didn't help. What happens is that when the timer turns the one side on, the bulbs flash on and...
  13. ?

My car got vandalized.

Oh, it's on the top, too, and the back, the hood. I think I can get it off, but it's the mere fact that they even did it to begin with. And we already had a confrontation because she came home right as I was scoping out the damage (we have to park next to each other, too).
  14. ?

My car got vandalized.

Thanks. Yeah, waiting on the cops will be great. And in the meantime I get no sleep and have all my personal property destroyed. But what else can I do, right? This sucks!
  15. ?

My car got vandalized.

Short Version: Basically some douche bag poured paint all over my car. I have my suspicions as to who it is, but no proof. There may be a chance they were caught on the complex's security camera, but it's pretty slim. I told the management and filed a police report. Anyway, what else can I...
  16. ?

Giant 'woodlice' take up residence in Britain

I actually kind of almost (did) scream(ed) when I saw that thing.:ROFL: Those are horrid creatures.
  17. ?

15 sharks at Indianapolis Zoo die after maintenance error

We all have things we dislike or fear. I don't think that disliking something is dramatic, but I'll just agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. I do agree that it's devastating, of course. These sharks were probably taken from the ocean, then held captive, and eventually killed by...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store