Search results

1. B

Colorado Auctions

I will be there just not sure how long or how late.
  2. B

Mixing Victorians..

Deadman is right...I don't think there would be to big a risk with those two species. If anything, the problem may end up that the zebra's aren't aggressive enough to hold there own. Just depends on your group. Many think you cannot mix vics but that is not true...you just have to find the right...
  3. B

milomo and kadango

For the Milomo’s I would say close to 4- 5”. At least that is how big mine was. He is still no where near full color though. Mine have spawned a couple times now at this size. I could tell he was a male at about 2-3”. It seems that on the males their stripes will fade in and...
  4. B

Fav Vics

I was wonderin bout that as well. They look beat up.
  5. B

Info on Paralabidochromis chromogynos

I'm guessing the piebalds for the vic...What is your fav malawi?
  6. B

The good thing with these guys is even the females are piebald. You can mix them and yes a trio would work. They would be alright with the zebras as long as the zebras didn’t get overly aggressive. They key to mixing vics is making sure females are completely different. You can’t mix...
  7. B

Fav Vics

Paralabidochromis "red finned" piebald :)
  8. B

I had a beautiful male...see the pic. These fish are omnivores and they are on the lower end of aggression when it comes to vics.
  9. B

Denver, Colorado Meet at RMCA auction

Auction had a great turnout. It was RMCA's best auction to date with 122 bidders. It was nice to meet Brian finally. Slowly but surely I'll meet everyone. :) The only thing I bought were some albino A. Burtoni. Awesome looking fish.
  10. B

Denver, Colorado Meet at RMCA auction

I will be there for a bit as well. What/when is this "zoo" meet? I have met Alden and Scott but would be nice to meet some others as well. :)
  11. B

CARES endangered species

Your little guys look great...Thanks for posting the pics!!!:D
  12. B

CARES endangered species

I totally agree and that would be great but the fact of the matter is that will probably never happen in our lifetime. I keep a lot of Vics and it is the same issue. I feel it is better if they exist only in our tanks as at least they exist and at least if they exist it may be possible down the...
  13. B

Victorian Cichlid maybe?? ID Please

Agreed. He looks like he's all beat up in that 1st pic. Is that older?
  14. B

My dream became reality

Bad news...I thought I had 3 males 5 females...I discovered last night that I have at least 5 males...Not good as I think there may even be a 6th. I pulled the 3 most colored males to try and see how many males I truly have. I potentially only have 1 or 2 females. Not good, not good.
  15. B

My dream became reality

The pics I took the other day are not good but I will post them anyways..
  16. B

My dream became reality

Just wanted to do a little update on these guys…They are growing great, which is just amazing to see when I remember how tiny they were when I got them. They are roughly 2” now and it appears I have 3 males and 5 females. I have been seeing spawning behavior but nothing has come of...
  17. B

Cichlid ID

My first thought was Fuelleborni as well. Especially when you look at the mouth.
  18. B

excellent nitrogen cycle article i came across.

Totally agree!!! He has tons of good articles.
  19. B

Have another fish id ?

I would actually lean more towards this being an Xystichromis Phytophagus (christmas fulu) or an Xytichromis "Dayglow" the color doesn't look right to me to be a kyoga flameback. One way to tell more is the fulu will have bluish lips and face. If it doesn't have the blue on its face then I would...
  20. B

Colorado MFK meet this Fall??

Oh, I also got about 40 new fish!!! Yay for me!!!! :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store