Search results

1. H

Mating pair of kkp or bp or what ?

Sadly even if they were Midas X Blood Parrot your chances of getting a fertile male is slim to none this is true with any hybrid having parrot blood.
  2. H

Cuban X Jack Dempsey

So I was browsing the net as usual looking at hybrids and such and I found a cool website apparently the guy has what seems to be a pair of Jack Dempsey X Cuban cichlids. In my opinion I like the outcome I love Black Based Hybrids check it out and let me know what you think. Pic Original...
  3. H

IS THIS A JACK DEMPSEY OR A TEXAS OR HYBRID ?

Possibly, im judging by the pearling on your fish it doesnt seem to have all that much for either a Texas or Jack Dempsey I found pictures of the Hybrid(JD X Texas) Original Link with More pictures : http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Cichlid,%20Texas%20Spawning%20II.htm
  4. H

IS THIS A JACK DEMPSEY OR A TEXAS OR HYBRID ?

Chris i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think it's a Green Texas or a Texas the body seems off and look at the stress bar's I've never seen a Texas sport them like that :S. I'm guessing it might be a Texas Mix, possibly JD and Texas just a lower quality outcome.
  5. H

New Acrylic Tank Ex-Saltwater help

Hey, I bought a used tank which was used as a saltwater tank, problem is it has coralline algae and i tried to remove as much as possible using hot water and vinegar. I would say most of it came out. And the remaining bits doesn't bother me because much of it as at the bottom where sand would be...
  6. H

New Acrylic Tank Ex-Saltwater help

Hey, I bought a used tank which was used as a saltwater tank, problem is it has coralline algae and i tried to remove as much as possible using hot water and vinegar. I would say most of it came out. And the remaining bits doesn't bother me because much of it as at the bottom where sand would be...
  7. H

firehead x jaguar

I cant see the pictures, but great thread very nice looking fish I especially like the Black one! How was your growth Rates have you tried breeding your Growouts?
  8. H

Air Pump - Yonkers,New York - Shipping

Hello, I am looking to buy an air pump for a couple of sponge filters or 2 the sponge filters will be for rearing fry in a 55 gallon setup. My Budget is under 20$ + shipping but heres the catch I need it before Thursday and I can pay via Paypal ASAP. Thanks
  9. H

Please ID my new Super Red Hybrid chiclid

I think this is simply partially faded SRS and he's really beautiful.
  10. H

How to feed omnivores Vieja sp

Great responses guy, I appreciate the Help and Tips. I guess I will feed algae wafers :). I also Like the Idea of the Veggie Clips thanks again everyone :)
  11. H

Cool, I was thinking of conditioning them with Live foods for breeding but I don't want them to grow too fast. But if I hopefully breed them I would like their fry to grow fast so i guess i might invest in more live food for the fries. Haha your fish having a staple diet on shrimp sometimes we...
  12. H

Oh, Okay sounds good. And Sorry if it sounds stupid but I would have to defrost the pea's first right i mean its only common sense? And I thought that the greenish blue hues where enhanced threw vegetables I forgot the what the pigment is call, kind of like caretanoids sp found in shrimp...
  13. H

Hello, I am going to be getting 2 Omnivorous fish Vieja Argentea/Bifaciatus and I was reading that they require veggies in their diet to look their best as well as its good for their health. Now I have no problem giving them veggies its just that I have no idea how i should go about giving it to...
  14. H

female flowerhorn

Okay I have an idea to help your message box at the bottom left hand corner of the webpage there is a quick style scroll box it will say Vb4 default or something like that change it to another color say Dark, because I was having that issue as well. Back onto I would recomend that you immedietly...
  15. H

female flowerhorn

Hello, I would recomend that you Deworm Her. I also would like to tell you if the male comes in contact with the female and or females water he can also get worms. Also you can purchase females online @ aquabid.com
  16. H

How do I get rid of my Boa?

I didnt read the whole thread, but there is a Reptile Expo in White Plains NY here is the site : http://www.reptileexpo.com/ and their next show is July 10 th. Good Luck
  17. H

tanks WhitePlains.N.Y. pick up only

Wow what a great deal for the 72 Gallon, If I had the Money I would Jump on this, Good Luck mate with the sale.
  18. H

Red Texas Project Update!!! Check this out!!

I salute you my brother on these spectacular fries, some of the best red texas ive seen bred in the states. I want to start my own project but its more along the lines of pearly Kamfa. And I would like to use one of your females for my breedings ( PM Sent). And I have a couple of questions...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store