Search results

1. I

Pacu question

Pacu are like garbage cans with gills. but stick to the suggestions that were posted to keep the pacu in optimum health. fruits, veggies, algae wafers, pelleted fish food, raw unsalted nuts, market shrimp, occasionally buy a cheap aquarium plant from the LFS for $2-3 and let the pacu get some...
  2. I

Any good places in NYC to buy fish?

i honestly hope that place has cleaned up since i was there last year. they had a good portion of their tanks with either sick, dying, or dead and rotting fish in them. Fish you could tell were dead for more than just a day, and some of the absolute sickest looking fish ive ever seen. and...
  3. I

Future of MMA

check this kid out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZixNEJ0jos its Melvin Manheof's son, Million. the kid is going to be knocking people out cold just like his old man if he keeps it up.
  4. I

pacu?

ive got one large 22" thats 2 yrs, 4 that are 3-4" and one that recently died that was 22" and 6-7 years old (a severely stunted rescue) up until last year they resided in a 250g gallon tank with a fairly heavy stocking of other much smaller cichlids, until moving to the 1100g indoor pond...
  5. I

Adopted Pacu Finally Home Now

when are people going to learn that the more pacu you have, the more digits you need in your pond gallonage 3 pacu will be at minimum 24" each within 2 years, even with only mimimal care. do you have any idea how much space those 3 fish will take up? now imagine 3, 24" pacu getting spooked...
  6. I

How many Red Pacu's Can I Have?

let me be nice about this if i can..... if you want to see how big a pacu really gets, i live no more than 30 mins form brooklyn, come see just how large a pacu thats 22" and still growing really is. and, he's only just over 2 years old. be smart, trade/sell almost all those fish, otherwise...
  7. I

This makes me sick!

its something that has been discussed over and over on MFK. most of us are in agreement that its abusive, and pointless to the fish. Many of the fish put the the tattooing process dont make it. and the ones that do, that "pretty ink" eventually fades away, leaving you with a plain old...
  8. I

Worlds Fastest Sailboat? 51+ Knots!!!!

im a power-boater myself, but i can appreciate a sweet sailing craft when seen, not my cup of tea, but an amazing vessel none the less
  9. I

change in pacu attitude

only change was my other pacu and then oscar dying within 2 months of each other.
  10. I

change in pacu attitude

i tried with a couple other pacu, 4 small, and 2 that were maybe 16" or so. needless to say the little guys are back in my 75g and the big boys with their original owner. he even managed to chase down and tear up 2 5" ID sharks overnight. If i dident know any better, id say he was a pirhana...
  11. I

New monster in the house

that dogfish is an invasive species, your not allowed to possess them at anytime! im calling the fish and wildlife on you!! :)
  12. I

change in pacu attitude

i have a 3 year old, 22" pacu who is now alone in his pond. before my other pacu died, i could throw feeders every so often in the pond for the oscar or other fish i had, and the pacu's NEVER ONCE went after the goldies. not one single solitary time.... now after my one pacu died in dec, and...
  13. I

Cheapest place to buy food

there was one other site, but i believe they were mostly flakes, and were about the same price as kens. order from kensfish.com. you wont be dissapointed if you order there. just dont order the no-carb pellets, myself and other members had several fish that refused it over and over.
  14. I

Best of luck to NY/NJ area, etc, MFK'ers without power

i live in nassau county, and thank god, i still have my power my wife who lives in suffolk (thank god not with me anymore) hasent had power since 6pm last night. storm did a number on the island, lots of trees down.
  15. I

St. Patrick's Day Tips

im guessing bong refers to beer? here in the states, 'bong' usually refers to a smoking apparatus, not generally used for legal things.
  16. I

Pacu growth rate

with half way decent water quality and food, you can expect a pacu to reach around 16" in that first year. at 6-8" expect them to hit an alarmingly fast growth spurt. they will balloon up from that 6-8 to a whopping 16+ in just a month or two. you can LITERALLY see them grow from day to day...
  17. I

TRUMPET SNAILS.. GOOD? OR BAD?

trumpet snails are actually more beneficial than anything, especially if you have sand as your substrate. they burrow and sift around under the sand, helping somewhat to keep the sand mixed up
  18. I

new to the site

your going to see tons of abbreviations on this site. http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37420 that thread lists many of them, so it should help with any other questions like this you may have :)
  19. I

What is your most favorite "monster fish"?

i know this is going to be surprising to anyone posting, but my favorite is..............PACU! :D
  20. I

what is your favorite dog breed?

any of the larger bully breeds....american pitbull terrier, staffi, boxer, american bulldog etc..... their the smartest, most loyal and most playful dogs there are. and when it comes to kids, i would sooner trust my 2 boys locked in a room full of american pitbull terriers then i would any...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store