Search results

1. C

3 oscars in 125g?

If two pair up the third will get beat down.
  2. C

Does plecos need oxygen?

diggin on the substrate,,looks like candy pop rocks haha!!
  3. C

lowering nitrate levels

Sounds like your not cycled to me. You added fish to a tank with no established filters. Did you completely clean all media in your wet/dry and both ac110's.
  4. C

Polys and friends

nice pics,,your bichir is awfully red around the gills.
  5. C

Really want a carnivorous fish.

wolf fish is a good idea, or a smaller species of bichir. delhezi perhaps.
  6. C

Arowana not eating?

oh well maybe their not hungry
  7. C

Arowana not eating?

Need more details,,tank size, size of the aro's other tankmates.
  8. C

Am I overstocked?

I would get rid of the aro, common pleco and half of the silver dollars. Very nice looking tank though.
  9. C

getting rid of old gravel

try to sell, it or give it away.
  10. C

question about tall tanks [Newb]

This tank would be very expensive to build, since it would require 3/4" glass due to the depth. A standard 120g would be a great tank for discus.
  11. C

Closing off holes in canopy for escape artists / allow time for recovery from injury

Channa are well known escape artists, sorry to hear of this. It probably damaged its swim bladder that's why it had problems moving around.
  12. C

Cuban Cichlid in a 55gal?

55g is a little to tight. Such a crappy foot print for cichlids.
  13. C

FLUVAL U4 and?

I would run 2 ac110's on that tank. I would not bother with one of those internals.
  14. C

URGENT - FILTER BROKEN

those internal fluval filters are junk imo.
  15. C

Concerned about all the cords I have plugged in for my fish tanks

First thing get some smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in your home. Second thing you need to now the current draw of all the equipment your running of the one circuit and keep it below 80%. Breakers are designed to run at only 80% full load amps. Also make sure all extension cords are...
  16. C

URGENT - FILTER BROKEN

hydro 5 sponge and a good air pump, much better and cheaper than those fluval filters.
  17. C

i keep having recurring bacterial blooms

As your TSN grows he will most likely try eating all your fish. And I would get rid of the carbon and add more bio rings in your cans. 2x 25% WC/week is the schedule i would get on.
  18. C

i keep having recurring bacterial blooms

You need to get ammonia reading zero. What is your WC schedule and %.
  19. C

Starting a fish room - I need an air pump!

check out aquacave the have a good selection of linear pumps.
  20. C

I am starting a new fish/aquarium store and need some help / opinions, please help

Personally I would run sponge filters only. Cheaper to run, less risk of disease transfer from tank to tank. Also keep the shop a little on the warm side this way you won't have to run heaters on most of your tanks.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store