Search results

1. X

train baby bass on flake food?

thanks, they seem to show no interest in anything except bloodworms and shrimp at the moment! Flake food will land on them and they wont even flinch, haha. I'm pretty sure they will never eat flake food. I've not tried pellets but will certainly give it a shot! :cheers:
  2. X

bass

My adult largemouth eats mostly feeders. But he LOVES any kind of lunch meat rolled up. He will dart out of any of his favorite hiding places to take the meat right out of my hand!bass are by far my most favorite fish in my collection! Almost like having a puppy in a weird fish way!
  3. X

train baby bass on flake food?

Would be ideal if I could, they are about 1 inch and are eating shrimp at the moment. Anyone have luck getting them to eat flake food?
  4. X

LMB colors?

I've noticed that with my largemouth as well. Whenever he seems to be in a playful mood or getting ready to ambush his prey his colors will appear instantly. here is a nice side profile pic of him with his colors.
  5. X

yellow bullhead questions

thanks! i will try blood worms tomorrow! one is slightly smaller than the other and both are very small, 1 in. was a guesstimate =) very cool fish, loves finding the smallest crevasses and cracks in the rock structure and squeezing itself in. very energetic at night as well!
  6. X

thanks for the info! They will only be in the smaller tank until they are large enough to not get eaten by future tank mates. no intention of keeping them there ;)
  7. X

i just picked up two yellow bullheads about 1 inch in length. was wondering how fast they grow(18.5 max i think?) and if they have a certain food the especially like( like a treat or something). Also, will the tank size they start out in effect the speed they grow? Should I throw them in a...
  8. X

Shy Lmb?

Well, he started eating last night and has adapted quite nicely thus far to tank life. You can tell he is still getting used to the aquarium walls but he is not shy about bolting around after feeders anymore. Much more comfortable with low/no aquarium lights. Very fun fish, observing their...
  9. X

Shy Lmb?

10. X

Shy Lmb?

Thanks, I gave that a thought as well. here is a picture of his lip:
  11. X

Shy Lmb?

I just recently set up a quarantine tank for native fish. I added a largemouth that I caught. He appears very healthy and curious. Anyways, its been two days and he has yet to eat. There are a few feeders in the tank with him but he just seems uninterested most of the time. Is this normal...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store