Search results

1. S

Nes999's 1,000 Gallon Plywood Build Mark Two

Dude if I had a tank this big I would so go reef. I had several fresh tanks two years ago for several years, but when I bought my 125(I know so miniscule compared to yours) I decided I wanted a reef tank. I used to be on here talking about how saltwater sucked and it cost to much. Well yes it...
  2. S

Mr.Green

I feed my snowflake eel once every two days about a 1/3rd of a market shrimp at a time. He's only 8" though, I can't imagine the amount of Nitrate that single eel puts off after feeding him more than half a pound of food. Jeez more than half pound of food I can barely eat a double 1/4 pounder...
  3. S

Emperor Angel color change start to finish

Awesome awesome awesome I love imperator's especially that 2nd to last color change state you showed absolutely gorgeous. Too bad I'm limiting to Dwarf Angels with my 125:(
  4. S

eel encyclopedia help. general id'ing buying guide

I have a 125 with a snowflake eel. He is around 9" and a model citizen that gets fresh market shrimp once every otherday/two days. He is curled up sleeping with my Niger Trigger right now...
  5. S

flexible plumbing used for sumps?

Use Spa Flex its what I used to plumb my return and intake lines with.
  6. S

220g filtration?

Sump I use a rubbermaid on my 125 gallon FOWLR tank, a return pump, bulkheads, loc-line for returns, union valves if you want them on your return to regulate flow, etc...I just got my sump/refugium online and am playing with the water depth right now to find the best depth for the skimmer and...
  7. S

125 new to salt need help with compatability and cycling

Why will this site not allow attachments anymore NEO WHAT HAVE THO ART DONE?!?!?!?!?
  8. S

I have not purchased anything yet I just have my tank and stand. I also messed up on the measurments its a 72x18x20. I will not have all these fish at once and I will add the trigger last I am also thinking of a Niger or Pink Tail instead. I think with the 60 pounds of live rock and a 150...
  9. S

I went to two of my lfs today. One is a reptile/bird/hamster/fish store the other is strictly saltwater. Got a ton of great info from those guys at the SW store. I am going to start with 50 pounds of live sand. And 35 pounds of man made cultured rock and 20 pounds of live rock. There...
  10. S

150g BF on CL?

When I first bought my 90 I payed 249 for it and 300 for the stand came with tops and strip lights. This was 3-4 years ago and of course I got the bug for a bigger tank and started looking in all the wrong places, nice lfs, petsmart, etc. Hunt CL like a mantis shrimp on a piece of krill I...
  11. S

Big Big BIG tank!!

I got my 125 for 125, dollar a gallon FTW!
  12. S

About ready to quit

I am a newcomer to this saltwater wonder world, and I have just gotten to the end of the tunnel with an ongoing ich/parasite problem for 2 months now, constant 88 degree heat and salt finally beat it out. Still going to keep it up for about another week to be safe though. Edit: this was a fw...
  13. S

I have recently acquired a 125 I believe (60x18x20). I was going to use it for a SA/CA cichlid tank, but since I already have a 90 with light stock (7" Gold Sev, 5" Albino Tiger O, 3.5" Keyhole, 2" JD) I am going to leave it be unless the the dempsey O and Sev don't get along which probably...
  14. S

Finally upgraded

Yea I can't wait to get this 6' long square off of my counter so I eat there again!:D
  15. S

Your opinion on water changes?

My 7" Gold Sev and 4" Albino O attack the python siphon when it comes near there territory as did my 3.5" pink con when he was still alive.
  16. S

125 gal + stand for 200$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a 125 yesterday for 150 bucks and I'm building the stand for 60 so I came out right around where you did, except I have to buy substrate, and filters still.
  17. S

Finally upgraded

Hey buddy good to talk to you again, I've been real busy and the hard work has paid off. I'll be building the stand for this thing in the next week or so while I source gravel or sand haven't decided yet, and a canister filter or two.
  18. S

Finally upgraded

Well I haven't been on here in while so I didn't know. I just need some aquascaping ideas. Screw it I guess I search.
  19. S

Finally upgraded

what happened to us being able to post attatchments?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store