Search results

1. BigPic

Monster Panaque.....but....DOA

Really sad! She is in the freezer and there are a few of us looking for a suitable taxidermist. Any that I have talked to really weren't sure about it without seeing her first. I really hope we can find someone to do her justice!
  2. BigPic

Happy February!

Just wanted to put an updated list up. Watch for a pretty special order of wild fish from Columbia in the comming weeks. :naughty: http://www.cichlaholic.com/pdf/February%201.pdf As always, please feel free to send a pm or an e-mail from the website if you have any questions.
  3. BigPic

K i n g d o m of C R E N I

Great collection Dan!
  4. BigPic

2 pikes in a 150 gal ?

I should add that you may have problems with only two, but, a small group (6ish) usually works until a pair forms and they want to spawn.
  5. BigPic

2 pikes in a 150 gal ?

Why not? I have about 30 in a 150, C. sp. Atabapo II, C. Cincta, C. sp. Belly Crawler and C. Sveni. :D Here is a quick shot, colors are a bit messed up because of the light, but, you get the idea. . .
  6. BigPic

Pike cichlid ID (belly crawler?)

Creni. Sveni, very common that it comes in from Columbia with shipments of Belly Crawlers, they are a fantastic pike
  7. BigPic

a little help required

Top one looks like a Johanna varaint and the second is "Atabapo II" or Ladder pike as a common name, pricing is all about what you are willing to pay. . . what is common near you may be very rare and expensive near me and vice-versa. The Atabapo II seem to be more sensitive to water quality...
  8. BigPic

New wild caught from Peru

New this week is a fantastic South American order. Some highlights of which are... • All three laser corydoras species • Fantastic size and condition Vampire tetras • Nice condition motoro stingrays ... • A bunch of Apistogramma species in great condition • Nice condition Black and Elongated...
  9. BigPic

New wild caught from Peru

We are anticipating an order of wild fish this week, it is due to arrive tomorrow, Tuesday, the 29th of November. Please watch our lists at http://www.cichlaholic.com/pdf/November%2025.pdf
  10. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

Sadly, they didn't come up. I guess we wait for next time, it appears someone else was paying more haha
  11. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

Second delay, order is pushed until next week now. . . still have to wait. I found out today that this is a pike that the vendor has never seen/had before.
  12. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

If they come in, I will be the first one to have some :D It's too bad I leave for Uruguay in about 4 weeks, otherwise I would take em all.
  13. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

They may still be coming, next week I find out for sure :D
  14. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

stupid image didn't attach!!! Let's try again . . .
  15. BigPic

new creni on list!!!!!!!

Hey guys, have this guy available from Columbia, any ideas? Not cheap, but, look at the color on the face at about 5"!!! Should I get em in? 15 in a box will land somewhere between $75-100 each. I HAVE to decide in the next couple hours. Ray
  16. BigPic

Purple Spot Crenicichla?

Could be someone trying to put a good spin on the "Malaria Pike" or C. Lacustris. I think that's one of the exciting and frustrating things about ordering pikes, you never know what is actually going to show up! :D
  17. BigPic

Crappy pics but...

Crenicichla Sveni. . . Male
  18. BigPic

Crenicichla celidochilus in cool-period: before and during

Super cool Ed! I really have to work with mine a little harder
  19. BigPic

New pike Johanna and one that need Id

Looks like Sveni to me. Great Pike
  20. BigPic

help ID wild crenicichla

I agree with ALL the above comments :D