Search results

1. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus F1 lake Managua male Gold Barred midas.... Putting the gold back in Midas.....

Thanks everybody... I know hes a big boy🤣.. I've told the story on other posts.ive done about him how this guy will actually hurt himself if I dont feed him... Bangs up.on the glass top tank lids if I don't feed him when I come in the room.( Sometimes I could see the results of him splashing...
  2. cich78

Amphilophus Beastieus

Thanks for giving it a shot..... And although it's not a close guess regardless I call it a good guess... My buddy got this guy from Petco..... Sold as a Red devil... .
  3. cich78

Amphilophus c. Grow Out Temperature

Thanks! .. Yes smaller feedings with these guys is the way i often like to go to interact with them more ... I mix up the amount that I give them in one feed. I know my big guys can eat something over 12 large pellets at once and especially if I'm coming of a skipped food day or light...
  4. cich78

Thanks,..Looks as though you are doing all the right things I am somewhat of a chronic overfeeder so sometimes I Feed more often than I should but I definitely do not feed them a lot in one sitting i believe that is what pushed growth in addition..due to my feeding habits I am a fairly...
  5. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus F2 lake Nicaragua midas cichlids ..'Cheddar' and 'The Iceman'....

Thanks!...'Cheddar' the Creamcicle is about 11inch...Iceman is about 10 inch.. They got some growing to do in order to catch up with my other that's just under to 14'
  6. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus F2 lake Nicaragua midas cichlids ..'Cheddar' and 'The Iceman'....

Just did water changes so I decided to take some shots......
  7. cich78

Regular midas & Cream Midas ??

That's interesting that none of yours came out Creamcicle from Creamcicle parents... I somewhat know of the mechanisms behind the color change and have an idea of why that might be... Nevertheless these fish really are kind of like a box of chocolates so to speak Where you don't know for sure...
  8. cich78

Regular midas & Cream Midas ??

To answer your question to the best of my ability., 'Creamcicle' midas are what we can generally speaking say are regular midas that happen to have the 'Creamcicle 'coloration out of the several possible color variations other than Barred that a midas complex species specimen can have.(...
  9. cich78

I know I already posted my Creamcicle male from Ken Davis ...here he is again along with my other mostly white one from Ken Davis and some pics of them from August and Sept of 2022.... Just to illustrate to your point how quickly they can change and grow, so enjoy the ride I most definitely...
  10. cich78

Amphilophus Beastieus

A friend of mine's fish that hes had for 5 years that he sends me pictures of from time to time....... Guess where he got him from.?
  11. cich78

Ken Davis is the go to guy for Citrinellus, I've always kept my tanks at or near 80°to grow fish out and maintain them at that temp and only occasionally and often by accident have it lower temp.My personal observation that is no surprise to anyone is when it comes to Midas ( Citrinellus)is...
  12. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus F1 lake Managua Gold Barred midas...between a Rock and a hard place...

I know he doesn't look like he misses many meals,and I can attest that he takes matters himself to make sure.My 6 year old Barred Citrinellus that I named 'The Rock' is healing from a self infected wound he received from trying to knock open the glass top of his tank ( he used to do it...
  13. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus pure midas pair

Thanks! I have an update coming .The fry are growing nicely and the pair are protective and tolerant parents,being almost too tolerant as the fry have grown large enough to start pecking and damaging their fins.i pulled out the majority of fry ( 100+) to a separate tank with approximately 30...
  14. cich78

Amphilophus Citrinellus midas cichlids

Thank you and I am most definitely pleased!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store