Search results

1. O

Can I put my 500 gallon Tank and Stand on Carpet?

well i got the tank and am getting the money back being its not a 250g, back is painted blue, needs to be re siliconed and has three cracks in the top and bottom supports! super let down!
  2. O

I talked to my old neighbor who is a carpenter he said find out the height of the raised floor how far the 2x4's are spaced out and depth of the actual wood floor so that's my next step. And the formula is above. Thinking I may have to remove part of the floor and fill in with patio blocks to...
  3. O

Wow that's pretty complex. Ill read more about it thanks.
  4. O

Nevermind on the old post part. Lol I was looking at the wrong date.
  5. O

Real old post helpful not exactly what I was looking for. Im getting a 250g and where im gunna put it is on a raised floor. What's your advice?. Im nervous that the floor may give or become un even and the tank may fail.
  6. O

Soooo Green! HELP!

Lots of plants may help but.......they may be eaten/destroyed by your ninja turtles.
  7. O

North Minneapolis after Sunday's tornado photos 5/24/2011

Wow that's unbelievable!!! I only could get to camden bridge area and I thought that was bad wow! What area was this?
  8. O

Rare Fish pic From Rare Fish series

Very wonderfull collection over the years! This may have been asked at one point somewhere with in the 172 pages but what do you do that supports your various collection throughout these years if I may ask? Thank you
  9. O

Finally got some sand!

Very nice how old are they? That a 55 or 75?
  10. O

Kids messed up the new/second hand tank...any advice anyone ??

Hello, I've used sand in many tanks and I didn't rinse them for the fact it is messy so adding it to the tank should be fine. Run your filter and it should catch alot of the tiny sand particles. I have used a product called bio magnet I believe its called, it came with a bag of sand once...
  11. O

Went to Petsmart today

Its all about who works at the fish store and getting to know them if the manager of the department is knowledgeable his crew most likely will be too. Worse case just deal with him if you find the right guy he will more a friend than a salesman! :)
  12. O

Midas, managuense and saum.

Amazing photography! How do you take such good shots?
  13. O

My 1st cichlid tank

Looks pretty cool!
  14. O

Striped Raphael Catfish

Guessin he lovesssss being over fed? Raphaels are very cool cats hardy and live a long time. I have had a pair of SRC for about 5 years now and I now have a spotted Raphael cat and am very impressed so far.
  15. O

Feeding Squid to Freshwater Cichlids

I use it to feed my anemone and if I have any extra ill give it to my cichlid. I'd have to double check but I don't think it has much nutritional value. :spam:
  16. O

hello there,

:welcome:Yeah, we wanna see your fish. post em up.
  17. O

what are moss balls for?

It is supposed to absorb your nitrates and out compete the algae for nutrients thus having little to no algae in your aquarium. I feel there more a decoration.
  18. O

confused

6 in1 test strips. Nitrate 10, nitrite 0, chlorine 0, hardness 75, alk 120 and a ph of 7.0. I use the recommend dose of stress coat to dechlorinate. Temp of water coming in was 75°.
  19. O

confused

Been a few weeks and there is still no improvement. I've stopped the use of seachem flourish and have done three 25% water changes. Just did the water change and had two lampeye tetras die. Any ideas? Water still tests fine and temp stable.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store