Search results

1. doods

Can a broken water heater kill an Arowana?

It ain't that crazy bro, maybe with the furry animals it is, but with the fish, it ain't that bad, specially with the arowana, they look good hanging by the wall. It's something to remind you about what not to do next time or just to see it still there even if its dead. hmmm creepy :D anyway...
  2. doods

yes thats true, and how do the electric eel zap its pray? their all floating right? I mean swimming in water without any contact to any other surface like rock or wood. So does this work on the broken heater? maybe somebody here would like to do an experiment buy putting a broken heater (glass...
  3. doods

I kept the fish in my friend freezer so he can still see his beloved fish. Don't wanna throw it away because he had the fish since it was lil. Maybe he will dissected afterward when he comes back. I wish is that easy to tell him, he loved the fish very much. It was hes only buddy since we...
  4. doods

Piranha Feeding at SeaWorld, San Diego

nice, i miss my piranhas, they use to be as messy eaters like them
  5. doods

I was just wodering why did it take like 4 more days before the fish died if the cause was sudden shift of water temp? although johno27 has a point on the amonia level rising, I didn't got a chance to check it because at that time I was already grieving and out of focus at that time. and I dont...
  6. doods

like im gonna find something identical lol :cry:
  7. doods

So electricution is out of the way right guys? what if the fish accidentally bump on the broken heater? does he get shocked because of the contact with the metal part of the heater? I don't think the temp change killed it because I changed the heater on the tank, and after like 4 days it just...
  8. doods

Hi guys! I have this case were my friend arowana died. It all started when I came to feed the fish because my friend went on vacation so I have to take care of it. It was the 2nd time I feed the fish because I was checking on it every 2 days, the 2nd time I had notice that there were broken...
  9. doods

help new baby rbp

dont worry to much bro, they will eventually eat. same thing happen with my reds with i 1st bought them :)
  10. doods

So you think you can get Tank of the Month?

nice turtle, is it a softshell?
  11. doods

March 2010 * POTM Contest * LOAD WARNING

all the pics are awesome
  12. doods

Pacu or Piranha?

I made a mistake before identifying the difference between the two. The store owner told me it was a piranha, "the gentle one" and I totally believe him, when I google the images of what a piranha look like, it was way to different. I was really pissed at the store owner and told him it wasn't a...
  13. doods

New to Site and the World of Piranhas

welcome to the site bro. just like the early poster said, feed, clean, enjoy, its just like any other fish. But if you prefer to see its natural behaviour, try to add some reds with it. 1 red belly aint fun to look at hehehe.
  14. doods

10 New Caribes In My 180 Gallon Tank

the setup is wicked bro, liking the croc skull
  15. doods

What kind of piranha is this?

looks like my RBP hehehe, nice fish
  16. doods

Sept 09 * POTM WINNER *

that's a keeper bro
  17. doods

VOTE: Offical MFK T-Shirt Design Competition

#2 rocks, to bad I didnt get to sumbit my entry
  18. doods

My New Black Diamond Gold Piranha!

nice color bro. its like glittering gold
  19. doods

Teacher, Crazy?

man eating fish...
  20. doods

How do you people catch and move an arrow

clear plastic bags are a yes!, I done this with my 20" before silver, he just swim right in it. The same thing with my jardini.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store