Search results

1. ceeej31

Astronotus dither fish

If you can find them Triportheus hatchetfishes get surprisingly large and are more than fast enough to avoid a cranky Astronotus. Ive also had succes with Chalceus sp.
  2. ceeej31

Altum Angelfish Care

I'd argue that 's probably not tall enough
  3. ceeej31

Most difficult to find/ rarest cichlid you own?

I have a group of Hypselecara coryphaenoides, which are pretty uncommon as I understand it.
  4. ceeej31

Uaru at 78 degrees

I would say that may prove to be too cold. I prefer to keep mine 82 or higher
  5. ceeej31

180 Satanoperca lilith build

I'd say that its more of a matter of personal taste than anything. Adults don't really shoal much, once they pair up they tend to just hang out with their mate.
  6. ceeej31

180 Satanoperca lilith build

Lilith tend to be late-ish bloomers. Expect them to start getting real showy after they hit ~8" or so. They truly are spectacular as adults and it's very cool to see someone dedicating a tank to them!
  7. ceeej31

Triggering True Parrot Spawn

I've spawned them a few times, lots of big water changes with warm acidic water gets them going. Unfortunately I don't think it'll work out at 8.2 but perhaps someone who knows otherwise will chime in.
  8. ceeej31

Chocolate pair or Uaru pair for 150g?

Uaru have more interesting breeding behavior, if that's what your end goal is. Both genera are really fun to keep fish in my opinion. Also as mentioned above, both species are excellent candidates to build a really interesting community around.
  9. ceeej31

Mata Mata sources?

Matas this size are hard to come by these days, usually only a few available each year. http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=39&de=1150384
  10. ceeej31

Final Showpiece for South American Community

I have a group of Anostpmus ternetzi in with my true parrot and severum, it's a peaceful mix thus far and I like the contrast in body shapes
  11. ceeej31

Uaru F. Log

I saw a group of these at the lfs yesterday and nearly bought one, decided against it as I'm not sure how one would do alone. I guess I'll just continue to enjoy yours vicariously! Great job with them
  12. ceeej31

Electric eel on same water system as other tanks?

I've cared for eels in systems with shared life support to several tanks, the eels activity never seemed to bother the other fish (apistos and dwarf pikes).
  13. ceeej31

My 150 Refresh. Rio Negro

Judging by this and your other thread you have some excellent taste in fish! I am keeping a 55g gallon Rio Negro tank right now but it is certainly not as nice as yours. I recently got a few H. pyrrhonotus myself, they're just a really great fish.
  14. ceeej31

Myth: Mata Mata Need Shallow Water

So lately I've been thinking about finally purchasing a Mata this year if I can find one for a decent price. While looking through the archives of this forum for inspiration for the enclosure I noticed a lot of the threads had people arguing that these turtles are poor swimmers and require very...
  15. ceeej31

Mouthbrooding severums reclassified as Heros liberifer

This is super cool, makes me want to get another one of these
  16. ceeej31

Anybody ever eat a fish commonly kept in aquaria?

Off the top of my head I've had: Astronotus occelatus Heros notatus Serrasalmus rhombeus Serrasalmus elongatus Chaetobranchus orbicularis Leporinus fasciatus Cichla temensis Phseudoplatystoma faciatium Arapaima gigas Colossoma macropomum Acestrorhynchus falcatus Hoplias malabaricus
  17. ceeej31

Abronia garminea Setup

That looks awesome, looking forward to seeing it planted
  18. ceeej31

Anyone keep their tortoises outside?

My redfoot has a corner of my closet that's "hers" with a heat pad that a blocked off at first but now she has free run of the house. On days when its nice out I'll bring her outside for a few hours to graze and get some sun. At my old house I'd put her on my back deck on summer days...
  19. ceeej31

Abronia garminea Setup

I love these guys, what are your plans to color the background?
  20. ceeej31

clown loaches.. with CA..

As long as they're all about the same size it should work out. Clown loaches are very capable of defending themselves.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store