Search results

1. Jakob

New M. tigrinus

Thanks, he eats shrimps and pellets. Thanks!
  2. Jakob

New M. tigrinus

Picked this guy up a couple weeks ago, 8” without the trails. Eating well and getting less shy by the day.
  3. Jakob

If you could only keep 1

No way! That is also my favorite polypterus! What. A. Coincidence.
  4. Jakob

If you could only keep 1

This question is the spawn of satan! But I guess it would be weeksi, large size, uncommon at large size, slow growing.
  5. Jakob

Brassie growth and development

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/dorado-id-frankie-or-brassie.650495/ here ya go mate, you can always go to profies > postings > scroll to bottom > find all threads started by..
  6. Jakob

Brassie passed while I was moving, didn't survive the flight. Might order another one actually, very enjoyable fish.
  7. Jakob

Salminus ID

Frankie
  8. Jakob

Batrochoglanis raninus growth thread

Looking forward to the update mate.
  9. Jakob

Albino fish turning regular?

U thought of WTT. But can wtt turn eyes red?
  10. Jakob

Albino fish turning regular?

Someone I know bought three albino dantum angelfish a few months back. Now, their colors are darkening (well....appearing), and their eyes have turned normal. My question is, is this something that can happen naturally, or just a breeders trick?
  11. Jakob

Dorado coloration?

Thanks for the replies. The theory of direct sunlight is interesting, and very plausible. I'll just have to wait and see. Robert looks great DB.
  12. Jakob

Dorado coloration?

I've been wondering, at what size do golden dorados (brassies and frankies) start showing hints of gold on their bellies?
  13. Jakob

Tigers starting to chunk out nicely

Looking real nice!
  14. Jakob

Yeah he's getting more space soon. Although he doesn't seem cramped in the 5x2x2. He has strong current so I guess that helps. He will have a 6x2.5x2 all by himself in a couple of weeks. Then will be upgraded again in a few months..
  15. Jakob

5x2x2. Will be upgraded to 6x2.5x2 in a couple of weeks.
  16. Jakob

Thanks. Yeah Im glad too.
  17. Jakob

Golden dorado (feeding clip)

Wow what a nice group, lucky you.
  18. Jakob

According to Chicx the scale count says brassie, according to collection point from a reliable wholesaler (Aquarium Glaser) it is a brassie. Temperament suggests brassie (though it varies), overall very calm and docile. Headshape suggests frankie, I know, but I'll go with brassie for now...
  19. Jakob

Quick update. A friend really needed to get rid of a 5" Oscar, so he gave him to me as a last resort (we live in a small town with few fishkeepers). Turns out the O is a complete nutter, he HATES the brassie, seems like they have sorted things out (for the most part). No real damage to either...
  20. Jakob

ID Challenge - Mysteryfish

I figured that much. But yeah lovely hybrids, I don't keep any hybrids myself, and don't plan to, as of yet. But I can't wait to see pics of them when they've grown to adults.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store