Search results

1. D

What are these?

The 'bumps' all appear to be in the fin rays so they may have been damaged accidentally or due to aggression. That whitish spot appears to be from a heater burn.
  2. D

Above the Tavern with Parka!

@Parka , it looks like some species of Rainbowfish.
  3. D

Bought a used FX6 canister filter and it's leaking

Check out Fluval's website either for parts available or for the owner's manual with the exploded view parts list. They do have a service kit for the FX6 FX6 service kit though it also includes the impeller assy but if all you need are the o-ring, it lists the part numbers under what's...
  4. D

Bought a used FX6 canister filter and it's leaking

You probably need to replace the o-ring on the valve also next time you clean the filter. I always replace o-rings and seals on used equipment of unknown sellers for just this reason.
  5. D

My move to the Philippines

@Jexnell , thanks for the update and congratulations on moving somewhere that is more affordable for you. I think your haircut and beard trim look very good and probably necessary in a hot climate but I'm sure it's taking you some time to get used to it.
  6. D

Congratulations to Hybridfish7 for Winning March 2024 POTM!

Congratulations @Hybridfish7 !
  7. D

For Sale Cheap

You would have better responses posting in MFK Marketplace Buy and Sell Forum
  8. D

Bronze Tier Nomination- Deadeye, Notable Contributor (bronze)

Yes, he's been doing a great job keeping it going.
  9. D

Birding!

I had a couple male Eastern Towhees (previously called Rufous-sided Towhees) late last week when the weather was still warm. I have also seen about a dozen Turkey Vultures soaring in the sky the last couple days and since it's been so breezy, watching them ride the thermals has been fascinating.
  10. D

Wall Paint and Tanks?

Latex (water based) paint should not be an issue but I would still have good ventilation in the room, maybe a fan in the window blowing out of the room.
  11. D

What types of sponge media

Usually 20 PPI is a good choice though other pore sizes are available depending on your particular need. If you are in the U.S. or Canada, check out Swiss Tropicals for their foam sheets.
  12. D

What types of sponge media

I would suggest using Poret foam as it's versatile, comes in different PPI (Pores Per Inch) and lasts a long time. Ideally you would place it vertically in your sump for ease of cleaning. Do you have any pics of your sump set up?
  13. D

March 2024 POTM - Vote Now!

voted.
  14. D

Electrical Planning for a 220 freshwater aquarium

Well all electrical equipment fails at some point in time and usually at an inopportune time. Sometimes it's due to a power surge, overloaded, older item or just because.
  15. D

Electrical Planning for a 220 freshwater aquarium

I would split your equipment between the 2 power strips: heater, controller and FX6 on one strip and the same with the 2nd strip just is case of a failure of the actual power strip.
  16. D

Lids for the 210

Check out the Optix website for cutting and drilling recommendations. Just be aware that more than likely you will experience some sagging of the acrylic sheet as it will be exposed to water over time and will need to flip it over occasionally. You may want to place the hoses and such the...
  17. D

Lids for the 210

I bought mine over 10 years ago from Greenhouse Megastore online when they were still offering the 4mm sheets in a 2 foot wide x 4 foot long 4-pack, unfortunately they don't offer that option anymore. And WOW the price has really gone up for these products! The link to the options are Easy...
  18. D

Lids for the 210

@Irecruitfish , I think the product you linked to would be too thin for lids. What about 4mm thick twinwall polycarbonate sheet? Normally used for greenhouse roofs.
  19. D

Beautiful wild female Oscar

Welcome to MFK @Angie357 ! Beautiful fish by the way. For best results, post a Free or Sell advertisement in the MFK Marketplace Buy and Sell Forum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store