Search results

1. S

baby flathead cats

Smallest flathead I have ever seen here was an 6" little guy that took a 3" live sunfish on a 6/0 hook. They are such awesome fish I could only dream of keep a little one. I've heard from the people who take care of Cabela's Native tanks that flatheads are particularly hard to take care of. All...
  2. S

Thoughts on these acrylic polishing kits

I had excellent results with the Novus acrylic polish compounds. If you have a buffer, use it! But carefully. I did my tank by hand. Took me about 9 hours. Hand cramps.
  3. S

Traces of Pharmacuticals in U.S. tap water

haha I too read an article about these findings and first thought of my fish. I can only imagine what else they put up with in our city water. I would venture to say that the pharmaceuticals in question are in such low concentrations that they could not pose serious harm to our fish. Carbon...
  4. S

Mini mud cats?

Microglanis Iheringi? Readily available at chain pet shops in my area. Stay very small. Hide all day. But I don't consider them ugly, sorry. :)
  5. S

Eheim 2217 Flow Picture

I had the same pressure on my 2217, which was way too much for my tank so I also drilled holes in my spray bar. Drilled some pointing different directions too, to get the kind of flow that I wanted.
  6. S

Need Help Setting Up Ehiem 2217

My 2217 doesn't really instantly "suck" all the crap right into the intake, so it takes a good tank flow to allow the stuff to stay in the water where it will eventually be taken into the filter.
  7. S

LFS : Malaysia in Details

Thanks for your time and effort in doing this, very fun to see fish stores at their best!
  8. S

any one else on here keep WELS?

That is impressive, excellent catch! I'm also a big fan of those cats. Never quite heard of one being hand fed yet though! I too will be watching for more pictures and hopefully someday a video.
  9. S

Flathead and Blue Catfish growth rates???

This is a general-type chart I stole from a book I have: Age Length Inches(North)/ Length Inches(South) 1 7.5 / -- 2 10.9 / 16.3...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store