Search results

1. L

Mating Oscars and friends...

Currently I have a pair of mating Oscars (I believe both are female though). They have had 3 batches of eggs, none which have hatched. They live with some walking catfish and a JD, and they seem to get along pretty well during mating season. I now plan to try a different approach, and take the...
  2. L

Brackish water question.

thats what it looks like, thanks :)
  3. L

Brackish water question.

Currently in my 125g I have 2 oscars, a pleco, jack dempsy and an upsidedown catfish. As these guys get bigger I'll probably need another tank. XD I recently aquired a Green Spotted Puffer and I am aware that they need brackish water. The above fish mentioned, will they be ok in a brackish...
  4. L

Vent pics of OSCARS?

I have a pair of Oscars that you can't possibly separate. They laid a batch of eggs which unfortunately, were eaten on the 3rd day by my evil catfish. They recently laid a 2nd batch of eggs, and after 5 days they remained in the tank, and I removed them due to a fungi growing on them. As I used...
  5. L

Picture of Male/Female OSCAR vents?

I have a pair of Oscars that you can't possibly separate. They laid a batch of eggs which unfortunately, were eaten on the 3rd day by my evil catfish. They recently laid a 2nd batch of eggs, and after 5 days they remained in the tank, and I removed them due to a fungi growing on them. As I used...
  6. L

Fluval vicenza 260 Bow front Question

Thanks for the reply! I have the caps for a waterproof seal....I was just worried that I was missing a piece or something. Thanks!
  7. L

Fluval vicenza 260 Bow front Question

I recently purchased one of these used. My question is, where the lights are kept, is there suppose to be a guard at all? Mine does not have a guard over either of the bulbs, and therefor salt gathers on them. Is this ok? If the bulbs on this are SUPPOSE to have a cover, please let me know! If...
  8. L

Clown Loach Food?

My clown loach has tons of snails in his tank, but they are massive and I dont ever see him eat any. Is it safe for me to go to my local supermarket and purchase Escargot and feed him this?
  9. L

How large of a tank can i get upstairs

It depends what the place is made of. Right now in my apartment, I am also on the 2nd floor. I have a 125 gallon, a 75 gallon, as well as a 90 gallon. I am about to put in another at 70 gallons. My building is made of concrete and I check every few weeks with a level to make sure nothing is...
  10. L

Fluval Vacenza 260 Bow Front.

I picked one of these babies up today for next to nothing. Not to mention they threw in the stand for free! Only problem is I don't have the damn manual to assemble the stand.... Anyone have a link to a manual? I would appreciate it a lot. :)
  11. L

Oscar Eggs. Fertile or not?

I took some pics of the eggs today. They have been on the rock for about 24 hours now. This is the first time I have had my Oscars lay eggs and am not sure if they are fertile or not, so I took some pictures. Please tell me what you think. http://img259.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscf01651.jpg Go...
  12. L

Help Fast! Have eggs!

Hey all. My Oscars have decided to make babies apparently. I have eggs all over my black shale rock. Now... my oscars have a few tank mates...A Tinfoil barb, Jack Dempsey, pleco, and some other catfish I cant remember the name of (it eats sinking wafers). What I need to know is should I try and...
  13. L

How much can your fish stomach?

I'm going to take a picture of my fish soon, but it looks like it ate more than its own body weight in food today..... Anyone have pictures of their extremely bloated catfish or whatever? I just wanna see how big some of our fish friends can stretch!
  14. L

Clarias batrachus eating habits.

I am putting them in with Oscars eventually. My little catfish are in a 5 gallon now, and withing a few weeks they should be ready for my 125.
  15. L

Decided to post pics. I bought them 1 week apart from one another. They WERE the same size when I got them. The one that is big is the one I got first. Apparently they grow insanely fast.
  16. L

Hello everyone. I have recently purchased 2 albino walking catfish. I noticed that they are constantly active, as well as eating. They are honestly the most active fish I have ever had the pleasure of owning. My question is, what do you recommend for feeding? I have so far been feeding them live...
  17. L

Canister Filter Position?

Impeller gets cleaned by me regularly. There is a bit of buildup in the tubes, looks like brown algae, but there Isn't a massive amount. All the media is clear of anything that could block water flow.
  18. L

Canister Filter Position?

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy replies. My XP4 isn't kicking to much water out so I am wondering as to why. Its pretty clean so....
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store