Search results

1. T

Who Got Snow?

Tried to use my ruler but I lost it in the snow. I need a bloody yardstick to measure this crap!! The shallow areas are knee deep and the drifts are close to hip high. In other words, pretty friggin' deep!!
  2. T

Official Gun Lovers Thread!!!

Here's my 3 newest toys: PTR 91K (16" carbine version) Stag Arms M4 M44 Mosin-Nagant
  3. T

Any ideas???

I know the nitrite is higher than I like but I've never had fish die from a 0.5 reading before. I always use Prime after water changes. There were 10 fish (8 of them were 1" or less and the two gourami's were a little over 2"). There were no white spots, missing scales or any other sign of...
  4. T

Any ideas???

My wife has a 45 gallon tank that has been up and running for about a year now. We came home the other day and noticed that a couple of the fish seemed rather lethargic. The rest were swimming around as normal. Sure enough, they started dying one by one. I immediately tested the water...
  5. T

Baby Dempseys in New England

Sorry the parents are not for sale, just their fry.
  6. T

Glad to hear that they're doing good!! Let me know if you are looking for some more!! Now I have to make room for my Greshakei's that just gave birth!
  7. T

These guys are getting big. I have about 6 that are 2" or so. Only a couple that are about 1/2". The rest are between 1 to 2". They are $2 a piece or $30 for the lot.
  8. T

nestled in the corner of RI and MA in Pawtucket, RI
  9. T

My Dempsey pair is killing me! Those two get it on more than a pair of rabbits! I have sold all I can sell to local vendors, so I am putting the last group up for sale. They range from 1/2" to 2" and they're growing rapidly. I have about 20 left. Would prefer not to ship. I'm located in...
  10. T

Hexamita and metronidazole

It was from research here on this site and the web. It is an educated guess since I'm not going to take him to a vet to fully confirm the presence of hexamita critters. Isn't Levamisole HCI potentially lethal if given in too high a dose? I see the I need to administer .076 of a teaspoon for...
  11. T

Are your fish scared of you?

My Malawis are like little puppies when I come up to the tank. My large CA/SA cichlids are hit or miss. When I walk by the tank and don't stop, they scatter and hide. But if I walk up to the tank to feed them, they are super excited. My Flowerhorn hides whenever I come up to the tank as do...
  12. T

Hexamita and metronidazole

My flowerhorn has been producing white fluffy poop for a while now and he is not eating as aggressively as he used to. I have been treating him with a bath of metronidazole and feeding him medicated pellets, but it does not seem to be working. Any ideas on what else to do?
  13. T

XP3 Leaking

The only time my xP3 leaked was just after I had cleaned the canister. I had prefilled the canister too high and when I reattached the top, it didn't create a good seal. All I had to do was to take the top off and reattach it. Hasn't leaked since. Unlike my Fluval, I've never had an xP3 blow...
  14. T

Another diy 55gal stand

Good job! Although I agree that the skin lacks a lot of nice grain, it does give it a more modern, sleek look. As you now know, you don't need a ton of tools to build a high quality stand that lasts. I only use a handful to tools for my stands and I have a completely stocked workshop in my...
  15. T

Advice on filters for my 70 gal. tank

I agree with Mikeandannie, you can't overdo filtration. I always subscribe to the "more the better" theory in that area. Just make sure your return flow isn't too powerful for your fish. As for protein skimmers for freshwater, I don't find them useful and not worth the expense. However, I do...
  16. T

Sex my dempsey...sicko

That looks like a male. A male Dempsey has pointed dorsal and anal fins that form an almost streamlined solid fin with their caudal fin. A female has more blunted dorsal and anal fins. He looks like he should be pretty well colored. The better the water conditions and generally how happy he...
  17. T

What the hell?

The zero reading did throw me for a bit. The test kit I used is a bit old, so I just grabbed my kit from my other tanks (only a few weeks old) and retested the tank. Here are the readings from that kit: pH = 7.8 ammonia = 0 nitrite = 0 nitrate = 5 The temp of the tank is a steady 80.
  18. T

What the hell?

My parameters are: pH = 7.8 Ammonia = 0 nitrites = 0 nitrates = 0 The kit I am using is from AP, not those test strips, but the drops and vial kind. My standard maintence routine is 25% water changes weekly like clockwork. I use Prime everytime I change the water. The current stocklist (aka...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store