Search results

1. Y

Trying a new waterproofing rubber!!

My rep called me back and he said the quote without shipping is $207.00 per 5 gallons for the brush on product.
  2. Y

My rep in GA seems not to really care about selling a few $$$ worth. Every time I talk to him he promises to call me back but I never hear from him. I have to keep calling him back to get any info. He said they mostly sell this to people to use it on commercial roofs. I'm going to call permidri...
  3. Y

Talked to my GA rep (Don) today and he doesn't seem to excited about getting me a real quote. He say's it's like around $220 or so per 5 gallons plus shipping from CA. So around $45-$60+ a gallon. :eek: He said he'd call them and try to get me a real quote with shipping. Doesn't look like...
  4. Y

I talked to my GA rep (Don) the other day and he said he needed to call corporate and that he would call me back. I have not heard from him yet. I'll give him a call tomorrow.
  5. Y

First plwood tank build started..... with pics

Did you use screws or nails and glue to put it together?
  6. Y

I should know pricing in a couple of days.
  7. Y

The guy I talked to said that a company developed the product and have licened it to company's around the world to make it. So it may be available in other places around the world.
  8. Y

I'm in talks with this USA company now. I'm going to try and get a few gallons to try it out. They're mostly geared towards the commercial roofing market.
  9. Y

Is it a good idea to repair a cracked bottom 240 gallon?

Thanks for the input guys. I made the guy an offer of $100.00 for the tank. I figure I can't lose with that. Anyone have any idea what a piece of 6'x2' glass would go for?
  10. Y

I sent them an email asking them how much and where I could get it. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning also. Do you just plan to paint over the viewing cutout and just silicone the viewing window over this rubber stuff?
  11. Y

I'm in the planning stages of building a ply tank also and like the idea of this product. I'm researching to see if it can be found in the USA for a good price. I'll do more research tomorrow when places are open.
  12. Y

Simple feeder ring.

Glade I could help. I'm new to the fish keeping hobby (kept some small aquariums with some odd and end fish in the past) but have been keeping reptiles for ever. This site (MFK.com) is the reason I've started keeping fish. I just really like the idea of keeping large fish. I agree. I hated it...
  13. Y

Simple feeder ring.

I got tired of the food getting sucked into the overflow so I whipped up this easy feeder ring. I used some 1/2" CPVC and 4 elbows. Cut the pipe to lenght and just put it all together dry. I didn't glue anything. Materials cost around $5.00 from Home Depot.
  14. Y

Is it a good idea to repair a cracked bottom 240 gallon?

I found a 240 on craisglist with a cracked bottom. Can this be repaired good enough to trust it? From what he tells me he's repaired it and it's full and holding water. To me it sounds like it has a large crack. Around 2 feet or so. No pictures, just his description. He says it's around 72...
  15. Y

18in Silver Aro

I've been to Chicago a few times. It's one heck of a drive. :D
  16. Y

18in Silver Aro

To bad you're not closer. I'm building a large ply tank just for a silver and black aro.
  17. Y

HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

Works now. Here's another picture. Still adding more. Hope to have 2000 letters. Some other kind of inspirational pictures. Hope you guys don't mine me posting some none fish pictures. I'm just now working on my aquariums. Got a couple of tanks cycling and have been talking with...
  18. Y

HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

I hope you guys are sending emails, making phone calls and mailing letters.
  19. Y

What are the chances of it not being passed?

The bill doesn't include dogs from my understanding. Just so you know a bill just like this was passed in Connecticut a week or so ago. So this could and can be passed. Do you really want to take the chance? SEND YOUR LETTERS NOW.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store