Search results

1. S

ive heard Axolotls are illegal in CA anybody know why?

thats exactly why theyre HIGHLY endangered in the wild, and we cant have captive bred albino ones breeding with the very few wild axolotls left.
  2. S

Ball head python advice?

ball pythons are the easiest snake in the world to keep, true, the dude needs to do some research, but BP's are NOT a difficult snake and are generally reccomended for the first timer. it can be hard to get them to switch from mice to rats when they get older, but if you get a CB baby it...
  3. S

32lb koi caught in Shreveport,LA

those fish shouldnt be in lakes in the US...
  4. S

Show your repile setups and reptiles

oh yea, all the plants, and the spanish moss are living, and that rock in the right corner has a waterfall running down it. :)
  5. S

Show your repile setups and reptiles

heres a pic of my 20 gal long tank. i have a pair of baby water dragons and a firebelly newt in there. theres a tubifex worm culture that sustains itself in the water too.
  6. S

I have a 20gal

i had a crayfish in one of my tanks for a while and it tore up ALL of my plants and attacked my fish (pbass). so be aware that they can be little *******. and they eat meat too
  7. S

what kind of peacock bass is this?

thats what mine looked like when it was tiny
  8. S

thanks for the clarification :)
  9. S

ocell? what do you mean? i posted this in a different section of this form and people all said it was mono. what does that mean?
  10. S

hey, i've had this peacock bass for a while now, and i'm wondering what type it is? i know it's Cichla ocellaris but i know there are about 4 sub-types, does anyone know?
  11. S

hey, i've had this peacock bass for a while now, and i'm wondering what type it is? i know it's Cichla ocellaris but i know there are about 4 sub-types, does anyone know? (i hope i attached the pics rite)
  12. S

Zebra Mussels for filtration?

zebra mussel larva are microscopic and when you do water changes, can and will grow in the pipes you dumped the water in, they will clog pipes and break them open eventually all the while spreading theyre larva further down the system. they have even been known to break apart dams from the...
  13. S

Leos and balls

im not really down with inbreeding, i know its "necessary" for the morphs, but you are really really destroying the genetic variability in those animals, and loosing alleles for unknown traits that will never be able to come back.
  14. S

Leos and balls

the markets are so flooded with beardies in my area that people give them away for free on CL because no one will take them. every petstore in the county has hordes of berides.... theres one breeder that i know of who breeds them like mad and keeps so many together that she looses a good number...
  15. S

Leos and balls

i find this problem to especially bad with bearded dragons
  16. S

Pics of my multies & fry

thats cool :)
  17. S

min size of tegu cage

my old roomate had a 3'+ argentinian black and white in a 55 and the poor guy could hardly turn atound
  18. S

min size of tegu cage

my old roomate had a 3'+ argentinian black and white in a 55 and the poor guy could hardly turn atound
  19. S

My clown fish jumped from tank...

my boyfriends clown jumped out of the tank and there was a lid on it...
  20. S

shinisaurus crocodilus

keep an eye on kingsnake.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store