Search results

1. R

300 gallon rubbermaid window

Is there a way to stick a window in the wall of a 300 gallon rubbermaid stocktank. I would like to watch my pacu from the side like a normal aquarium. I was thinking about the large curved part on the top section. How would I go about doing that?
  2. R

Getting a 600 gallon stock tank through a standard door

Is there anyway to fit a 8 foot by 2 foot pond in through a 80 inch by 3 foot dorway I was thinking about taking a ratchet strap to an opposite side and bending it down. The pond is made from polypropeline and is moderately flexible thanks.
  3. R

Alligator Pond

Hi I am building a 16' by 10' enclosure for my alligator. I am trying to find some sites for stock tanks or large square poly tanks. thanks my Ideal foot print is 9' long by 9'wide by 2' tall
  4. R

Fixing an Uninformed and Foolish Persons Mistake

in all the books i have read on thier care and keeping they never mention that thanks dude
  5. R

yeah it makes me mad because people dont realize that these are the ultimate predators and not a harmless anole
  6. R

i dont believe they shed. Their body grows with them, I also cant put mice in my moms fridge, because she hates them in my own mini freezer, so she would kill me
  7. R

thanks I didnt want to talk down grading on the forum but i dont like people making mstakes when there is no need to do so
  8. R

Part of this post is to show what happens when someone wants a crocodillian for that "cool factor", and also to help people who have thier current crocodillian to care for them better (I want to make it known that I am not questioning how current members care for thier crocodillians, but to help...
  9. R

albino alligator babies

these were probably bred from stock at st augustine alligator farm. These and the odoboun zoo in louisiana have both albino and leucistic american alligators of breeding size. I would bet it woud be st augustine, because they have more white gators
  10. R

finally brought the 'monster' home. (pics)

good luck with it
  11. R

New Photos ~ Paratheraps Bifasciatum

they look great
  12. R

Leopaldi Restricted?

Leopoldi rays are not going to be shipped in from Brazil for one or two years. They should be legal in Jersey. Some members on this fourm have rays in jersey. Are u sure that ths is a leopold (black with white spots but no little spots on the disk edge). If it has small spots around the disc...
  13. R

Leo maturity?

to b safe i would say 18 inches, this may seem conservative but i say that because at that size, the female can bear pups w/out putting alot of stress on her body. also she will be putting more nutrition into the pups (whic means better quality pups) instead of her putting the nutrition into her...
  14. R

sand

Dont use sand itll ruin your filter. If you want to get the surface area that the sand has, get a fluidized bed filter, if you dont like a bare bottom go with smooth gravel. A bare bottom is good for the beggining at least, because you can make sure your new ray is acclimating n eatin well
  15. R

Any info on Brachyplatystoma Tigrinum?

good luck finding one they arnt getting shipped out of south america for two years. i wouldnt keep oscars with a tigrinus as the oscars might pick on it.
  16. R

ray ???s

i would stick with motoros because they are a good hardy species to get a foundation of freshwater rays. When p reticulatas are brought in, they feed only on live blackworms and are very delicate. They really are a pain in the @ss and are not worth the trouble especialy when here are much better...
  17. R

any ID on these rays?

mantilla rays or possibly a hybridization etween motoro and mantilla rays, but i am not sure of this
  18. R

what is a teacup stingray?

the smallest freshwater stingray is a P. scobina it maxes out at 12-13" disk diameter you will still need a tank that is 18" wide to accomidate this ray when it is full grown. This ray seems eqasy to breed in captivity. Andreas ochs in europe has bred them
  19. R

My first batch of pups! So stoked!

I think these are the first bat ray castexii pups to be born in captivity
  20. R

SR Eats Lizard ... the Last Appeal for Mercy!

Whoever did that is a ****ing retard the fish is in captivity and will live just fine on pellets and krill
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store