Search results

1. Greenspot

Am I going to need

ambient temperature can drop down to 9 or 6 overnight in winter, but through the day it is usually 16-19. I returned the 150 and swapped it for a 200. working perfectly. How much heat would be lost by not having a cover glass? I have the tank covered now, but I was really hoping to have it open...
  2. Greenspot

Am I going to need

A 300w heater? I have a 20" cube tank. 27 gallons. I will need to hear the water about 20 degrees. I have a 150w heater that is just not cutting it. Indicator light is on constantly. The tank is also open top which I guess would make a little difference in insulation? Oh trying to keep...
  3. Greenspot

Light and filter question for a 50cm cube tank

Thank you so much! Thanks so much for your time in posting that response. Yup 20 by 20 by 20 inch. I hadn't planted on using co2. And I have never used fertilisers before. I think I will give the mineralised top soil a go. Looks good. So I'm looking for a light fixture with warm white leds...
  4. Greenspot

Filter help

I'm in love with fx's.
  5. Greenspot

Internal sump build. My first ever diy!

Oh and I'll have to build a stand too!
  6. Greenspot

Internal sump build. My first ever diy!

I just picked up a tank for $25, a 50cm cube. Holds 125 litres or around 27 gallons I think. It was just the tank so I have a clean slate for working out how to filter it. I'm going planted so I won't need much current. Low tech. Open top and I found the sweetest piece of driftwood that will...
  7. Greenspot

Siutations where a 40BR > 55Gallon?

I'd always pick length over depth, love to watch fish swim the length of a tank. That said, I just brought a cube tank!
  8. Greenspot

Light and filter question for a 50cm cube tank

G'day I just picked up a cube tank, 50 by 50 by 50. I want it to be a planted tank and thinking of dirting it. I'm going to start with hardier plants, swords, anubias, Java fern, hygrophilla, banana lillies and duck weed. What do I light it with? I have found these on eBay, do leds grow...
  9. Greenspot

Dustin's fish tanks

I think Dustin has a heap of enthusiasm for plants, but that's the direction I want my tank to go in. I've done the monster fish but now I really want to dabble in a properly planted tank. I find joeys videos hard to watch sometimes because they can be so edited, like sentence for sentence...
  10. Greenspot

Dustin's fish tanks

What up fish tank people! I am in love with this guy! Love his YouTube channel. Just a little story on how I found him. I was interested in this guys tank on my local buy swap sell, I missed out on the tank but we had a neat chat all things fish tanks, anyway he introduced me to joely, (king...
  11. Greenspot

'New' Oldest book in my collection on Fish.

How much would it weigh!!!
  12. Greenspot

'New' Oldest book in my collection on Fish.

And of the ammonite? What would it be valued at?
  13. Greenspot

Most Tranquil fish to own

As long as it's a tank without anything to be done, no water changes, algae scrubbing, re arranging. That's relaxing.
  14. Greenspot

Aussie natives Stocking.

Off to google! Thanks!
  15. Greenspot

Safe to go inside 225 gallon?

Oh man, I'd love a butt like your wife's! How hot is she!
  16. Greenspot

Getting back into it

So I set up a 15l 'tank' with stuff out of the creek. Rocks, driftwood, plants, gambusia and a yabbie. I'll take a pic tomorrow. I want my big tank! I think I am going to dirt it.
  17. Greenspot

Getting back into it

Husband says no. We have had a few bills come in and money is tight apparently. Hopefully it doesn't sell for a bit.
  18. Greenspot

Getting back into it

Oh there is a pair of breeding Jaguars in there. I've never had them before. I think I will move them on. I'm set on a planted tank and the amount of landscaping they have done just doesn't seem conducive to it!
  19. Greenspot

Getting back into it

Think I found one! I love the stand, it's not made for an aquarium is it? Will it hold up anyway? Be strong enough? I can see the doors have gaps that worries me. Thoughts on the stand? I look at it tomorrow.
  20. Greenspot

Getting back into it

6 by 18 by 22. I'm after length but not too much water to heat, and a little depth for planting.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store