Search results

1. Jason_S

Northfin Fish food for Cichlids

I feed a combination of Nortfin, Xtreme and NLS and am very happy with the results.
  2. Jason_S

Cribroheros robertsoni (pics and input)

yeah, man..your tank is definitely post worthy ;) lol :)
  3. Jason_S

Cribroheros robertsoni (pics and input)

yeah, man..your tank is definitely post worthy ;) lol :)
  4. Jason_S

My Thorichthys Aureus tank

I've been trying to find out the difference between the blue and gold morphs as well but have had no luck. I saw a pic posted by Rusty Wessel of a "Gold aureum" that looked just like pics of blue flash that I've seen. I also got a group of Wetspot's gold aureum and they're growing out right...
  5. Jason_S

Amphilophus sagittae creamsicle question

I'm currently keeping boesmani rainbows with argentea, synspilum, bocourti and heterospilus. none of the cichlids even give a second glance to the rainbows. another option besides dither fish would be target fish. you could add a few male convicts...this is what I did when I had a festae...
  6. Jason_S

Midevil mayhem, but why?

:) https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/please-read-before-asking-if-you-have-a-midas-or-red-devil.367826/
  7. Jason_S

Oscura heterospila growouts

I bought a group of 5 heterospilus in Sept. 2016 from CotA. They were each between 3-3.5". As of today, if the largest is 5" I'd be surprised. they definitely do grow that slowly lol. that same month I got a group of Thorichthys panchovillai (mixteco blue) that were in the 1-1.5" range. The...
  8. Jason_S

Cichlids of the Americas

I ordered from CotA once and it was a great experience. The fish I got were very healthy and active. Shipping and packaging were top notch and they were delivered priority (2 days) I my be placing another order soon after recently seeing that herichthys Steindachneri is on his "coming soon" list :D
  9. Jason_S

Firemouth

I'd go with a bristlenose pleco. What other type of catfish were you thinking about? The firemouths and swordtails combination sounds ideal. :)
  10. Jason_S

King Pin Istlanum Red variant

just curious, who has been the faster grower...the istlanum or the heterospilus?
  11. Jason_S

What is the smartest CA/SA cichlid? In your opinion??

the argentea in my avatar got a 1240 on his SAT's so...I've always considered him pretty smart
  12. Jason_S

Pearsie & Heterospilus growth thread

just curious, was it the hets or the pearsei that were causing the issue?
  13. Jason_S

New Heterospilus group

yeah I felt the same way about my hets at first...was glad to get them at ~3-3.5" but they've probably grown no more than an inch since I got them and that was in late Sept. Still love 'em but damn, just wish they'd put on some size. I have thorichthys that have outgrown them...by far. lol
  14. Jason_S

New Heterospilus group

I have the argentea in my avatar that's pushing 8" in a 125 with 5 heterospilus that are in the 4-4.5" range. the argentea has never bothered them...never bothered any other fish actually except for the minor chase out of his territory. I think it helped that the previous owner of the argentea...
  15. Jason_S

Thorichthys panchovillai.

same here...which is kind of odd because I typically tend to prefer cichlids that grow thicker, bulkier bodies with nuchal hump like most viejas, amphilophus etc. thorichthys are the biggest exception to that. I think it's because, in general I feel that they are completely underrated because...
  16. Jason_S

I'd have to see if I can find my old photobucket account, or check one of the old computers I have at home just sitting in a closet lol. The greens I didn't have for very long..can't remember what happened to them to be honest...probably lost them when I had to move out of my house. I lost a...
  17. Jason_S

very nice. I have a group of mixteco blues myself. used to have both green and gold way back when.
  18. Jason_S

Vieja bocourti

I have 2 in my 125....both males I'm pretty sure. the larger one sometimes chases the smaller one for a few seconds but that's about it. as others have said, they eat a LOT and grow very quickly. :)
  19. Jason_S

Male or female festae?

agreed...female
  20. Jason_S

Help sexing these young sajica

Oh and now ima need you to breed them and send me some. :D
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store