Search results

1. J

Increase in oddball clowns?

only three fish in 20 with a basic three stripe pattern is a little bit unusual don't you think.... If your questioning my experience then you may want to consider that among other things I have also been the livestock manager for one of the biggest pet shop chains in europe
  2. J

Clown Loach breeding and export study

Not quite sure what Irwin's last post has to do with oddball percentages in shop stocks in germany. He only talks about the indonesian side of the trade. You seem to be assuming that nobody is commercially breeding cls in Europe. Or do you have another explanation for so many oddballs turning...
  3. J

Clown Loach breeding and export study

Just an update... in my lfs here in south germany I went in to check out the cl stocks and from about 20 individuals only 3 had the normal 3 bands... all others were oddballs - mostly with 4 stripes and/or spots. Another lfs nearby only had the normal wildform. It seems to depend on which...
  4. J

Increase in oddball clowns?

I went to my lfs in south germany and had to ask the owner whether he could get in a batch of wild form cl's :jaw-dropp cause only 3 of the 20 cl's in stock weren't oddballs. Some of the oddballs also had short heads.
  5. J

Loaches and salt tolerance

Hi I've used up to one kilo per thousand litres = about 2,2 pound in 250 US gallons over several days but the loaches didn't really like it. You can keep the loaches in half that concentration for weeks but make sure you use pure salt without any additives. The loaches like it warm though so...
  6. J

AUL question

normally, yes
  7. J

How's this for quiet? Video of my Beananimal Overflow, 190g

why do you need the t pieces on the overflow pipes? and do you think the beananimal is quieter than the herbie? j<><
  8. J

Is your sump/overflow LOUD? THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

Try putting a 2 inch layer of coarse filter foam under the pump. Should improve the vibration problem. j<><
  9. J

Sponge filter surface area and effeciency?

Tipping mini cycle on this one. j<><
  10. J

Thoughts for stand.

The tray lifting mechanism should work well the way you described. The plant filter could also be a wood construction painted with liquid rubber liner but that depends on whether the plants will have sharp roots or not. As for the trickle filter just remember that the plant filter and trickle...
  11. J

What should I do about a catfish that won't eat?

You might want to try live food like worms. Difficult for most catfish to refuse. j<><
  12. J

EPIC 15 hour, 4 Tank Tear down, Move and Setup!!!

I saw a program once where some chinese blokes were swinging heavy weights from their members to improve the flow of yang energy in the body... Maybe there's something the mod isn't telling us :WHOA: :D
  13. J

Advice! Custom system with Large Reservoir

In theory the system should work but I would personally modify a few things. This is because your system is a hybrid between a pond filter system and an aquarium filter system which makes the plumbing more complicated. Firstly I'm a bit concerned that the nexus filter may not give you the...
  14. J

DIY drip with undrilled tank

check out this thread... http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101156
  15. J

how to home grow ground cover

nice and cheap. not bad, thx j<><
  16. J

tank repair

Sounds like you picked the best option already... short of redoing the whole tank that is. It sounds like the tank was on an unlevel surface at some stage for both panels to crack. j<><
  17. J

Diy Tanks????

All depends how well the tank is sealed. There are whole threads dedicated to how best to do this already. A wooden tank with viewing panel is a viable option though. j<><
  18. J

Thoughts for stand.

The plants on top will work but there needs to be adequate light for them to grow. You will also need another filter if stocking density is high. The front panel can open upwards but you might need a small hydraulic arm to help hold it in place if heavy. You will need to find a way to lift the...
  19. J

EPIC 15 hour, 4 Tank Tear down, Move and Setup!!!

nuts would be a term that springs to mind :grinno: j<><
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store