Search results

1. C

Running 300G Tank + 70G Sump But Not Happy With Plumbing Design

I have a 300G tank running with a 70G sump. The tank is a tall tank, 5.5ft long x 2ft wide x 3ft deep. 3/4" starphire glass on 3 sides and 3/4" regular glass on the back and bottom. Euro top open design for the top. It has 5 2" bulkheads drilled in various locations. 2 are used for drainage...
  2. C

2000+ GPH Pump Recommendations

I need to replace a quiet one 9000 pump on my 250g tank / 70G sump setup. The pump is submersed in the sump located in the tank stand. The tank is in my the TV room in my basement and the pump is far too loud to enjoy hanging out there. So it needs to go... I can get a hold of the following...
  3. C

Quiet One 9000s problems

I have a quiet one 9000 on a 250G freshwater setup that is terrible for noise. It pumps lots of water, but is too loud to have installed. It's in my basement and is too loud and annoying. I'm going to to switch my pump out. After removing the pump I may take it apart and see if it can be fixed...
  4. C

Moving Very Large Aquariums

Thanks for all the tips. Quick question on the "shimmy around the corners". With the tank on end, did you pull the bottom out to continue down the stairs or tip the top down?
  5. C

Moving Very Large Aquariums

Does anyone have any experience moving very large tanks? I have a 250 that weighs about 600lbs that I need moved from my garage to my basement. The kicker is a 90" turn in the stairs down to my basement. I've asked one moving company to give a quote and they wouldn't take the work because of...
  6. C

Quiet One 900 Pump - Canada

Looking to sell brand new, in box Quiet One 9000. 2328GPH flow rate, suitable for large aquarium or pond. Bought this for a 250G setup but have decided to go with 2 smaller pumps rather than 1 large pump. Asking $240 CDN. Willing to ship.
  7. C

Solenoids for PEX Piping

1/2", normally closed, with 110V is what I'm looking for.
  8. C

Solenoids for PEX Piping

Continuous duty may be a bit overkill, let's open it up to any good model of solenoids for 1/2" PEX...
  9. C

Solenoids for PEX Piping

Anyone know of a good model of continuous duty water solenoids for a PEX piping system?
  10. C

DIY cooling fans ??

I currently have a 120V fan hooked up to an inline duct fan which is ductaped to some 4" PVC which eventually is sized down to 1.5" flex hose which goes to my cold air return duct on my furnace. Don't actually have my tank up and running yet to say how much this type of setup makes a difference...
  11. C

Homemade FW rocks - anyone ever tried this method?

Thanks for input. CHOMPERS to the rescue again! Thought it might be a cheap way to get some good size rocks but was a bit concerned on the lime leaching out.
  12. C

Homemade FW rocks - anyone ever tried this method?

So I was thinking about how to have the perfects rocks for a FW discus w/ driftwood setup for a tall 250G tank. Some of these will have to be of significant size to match the tank. I was thinking they could be hand made.....in theory. Anyone ever tried this? Below would be my proposed...
  13. C

Dual Drilled 1.5" Overflow Design Question - Fail Proof?

Thanks for all the info again Chompers. Cool tank, love the UGJ system. Have heard conflicting reports on how they work for planted tanks so I don't think I will look to implement that. I have one last question though. With an overflow with all plumbing other than bulkhead outside the tank...
  14. C

If you wanted to add a plumbing line to connect an aquarium vac to, would you just install a T into the lower end of the overflow to sump line with ball valve on the vacuum line side of the T and an air relief line drilled into the top of the vacuum line at its max height? Would this be enough...
  15. C

I guess the trick on the return that is low in the tank is to have the hole drilled high and plumb it down into the tank and have the siphon break in the plumbing. Wanted to have as little as possible in the tank but that may be the best option instead of counting on check valves. Or go to 1...
  16. C

Man lots of cool ideas. Appreciate all the input Chompers. I'm thinking I will redesign the tank as it is still in the drawing phase. I'm thinking my original idea of having return and overflows at high and low levels to have good currents in the tank is less useful and should design the...
  17. C

Thanks for all the great feedback and ideas here. For the waterchange, I have no choice except to have a manual system for draining. The drain line for the house is far away so the drain from the tank had to run up through the floor joists, thus I need to power it to get any water out...
  18. C

Bathroom exhasut fan for humidity

I'm currently working on an installation for a 240G tank in my basement. I just finished installing an exhaust system that will take air from the top of the tank/canopy area above the lights and feed it into my cold air return duct. During the heating months, which are plenty in Canada, this...
  19. C

The goal was to have one return line going to a manifold which will feed 3 lines. 2 returns to the tank and 1 to the house drain for water changes which will normally be valved off. The overflow standpipes will be mounted on the outside of the tank and feed via 1.5" bulkheads with strainers...
  20. C

I'm working on the plumbing design for a new 240G setup. Using drilled back which will have two 1.5" overflows to a 70G sump and two 1.5" return lines. All piped with ABS. I have pics of what I think is my best overflow design option. The small hose at the top of the upside down P will allow...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store