Search results

1. Z

Astronotus crassipinnis

www.tangledupincichlids.com (Jeff Rapps)
  2. Z

You Wanna Keep Getting Cool Cichla?

One thing Cichla have going for them is that they are so intolerant of low temps, so I hope they are not on the list of banned species. Of course, we all have to remember that the bill has to actually pass first. I am not freaking out yet, but it will be very bad if they do pass it for those...
  3. Z

HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

At first I did not think fish would be affected, but some others have told me otherwise. I did not mention this until now because I wanted to be sure, and now I am. The key is to find out what fishes will be on the "approved" list. I have also been told that some South American countries, such...
  4. Z

HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

People should not FREAK OUT....but just be aware of what's trying to be passed. Just be educated about this stuff.
  5. Z

It will all out BAN the import of fishes that are non-native to the USA. Think about it...if they are native why the hell would you have to import them?????!!!!
  6. Z

Yeah...and don't forget to read the thread on Kingsnake. Oh yeah, and it says that if it's illegal to import, it's illegal to breed!!! WTF??
  7. Z

Don't let this pass: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2767285#post2767285
  8. Z

If you people want to keep getting fishes imported into the USA then you MUST speak up and vote against this bill. See this link from another forum that deals with Herps: http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1651650,1651650 This is no joke...and it's not just about herps like it was...
  9. Z

Zaire Blue - Moba

Mike, The mask of the Zaire Blue group of C. gibberosa is highly variable. I have raised spwans of them where only a few had the "Zorro" mask, while other spawns showed almost all of them with it. Hope that helps. --Brian
  10. Z

Zaire Blue - Moba

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Yes, all of my MOBAS are wild collected. In fact, I just got a new batch in so I have plenty available if anyone wants some. The other fish that keeps popping up in the pix is a pair of Tanganyikan Tilapia (Oreochromis tanganicae). Thanks :D
  11. Z

Zaire Blue - Moba

Here's some new shots of a few of my Zaire Blue Mobas. I keep them in very dark aquariums, so photos are rather difficult. Also, recently quite a number of them have started to get tattered up, which means they will soon have some babies....hopefully :D I hope you enjoy them. --Brian
  12. Z

florida pbass info

I remember this thread :D Wonder how DM is doing these days? I miss our conversations!! Cheers, --Brian
  13. Z

Back in the Game!!!

LOL...thanks guys :D
  14. Z

Old School Cichla ocellaris "Guyana"

LOL Joey. I don't remember. I think I gave them to someone on WW a while back.
  15. Z

Back in the Game!!!

Thanks guys!!
  16. Z

Back in the Game!!!

Well, I have jumped back into the game. I have 3 (maybe 4) special Cichla coming to me tomorrow evening. So, I am going to go dust off the books and re-educate myself. I mean it's only been six months or so since I have been out of the game, but that's been long enough to forget some basics...
  17. Z

Thanks guys. The tank was a basic 180-gallon loaded to the gills :)
  18. Z

More pix from back in the days when all that was really available were farm-bred C. monoculus. This boy was wild collected in Guyana. His tankmates are all wild collected, too :D Enjoy!!
  19. Z

NEW MONSTER : Another Monster Journey : Setting Up Monster 600 Gallon

Li, That tank is crazy, and the fish are really amazing!! Great job!! --Brian :)
  20. Z

Relationship of the Cichla Species

Ewurm, I agree 100%!! When is enough, enough, right? :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store