Search results

1. R

Stars and Stripes Baby

Updates 10 months later. He is now roughly seven inches. Feel like he's growing a bit slow.
  2. R

Fahaka grow journal

Gotta love fahakas
  3. R

Rainbow snakehead

I wouldn't breed them the process is a bit of a pain. But as far as sexing goes you'll know when they are fully grown the smaller ones are the females.
  4. R

Stars and Stripes Baby

And yes Pufferpunk I know I have to upgrade to a 300 gallon tank one day minimum if not 500. Thanks for your concern.
  5. R

Stars and Stripes Baby

:headbang2 Here he is, 2 inches with a 125 gal to himself and likely never to have tank mates.
  6. R

"Cenote Tanganyika": 300G build for our 26-inch Mbu puffer...

Just like Pufferpunk to rain on someones parade. In the wild the average fish live less than 10 years. Yes they can live up to 20 years but this is very unlikely in an ideal set up. Jenerik you've done an excellent job here and will be able to love this fish for many years and provide it with...
  7. R

Ugh. IP's.

How would you treat ip on a salt water puffer like a Stars and Stripes? He's not in my possession yet but I'm thinking ahead.
  8. R

My mbu and fahaka

Beautiful. Both of them
  9. R

Suggestions for Fish Only Tank

Decided to go with a Stars and Stripes puffer. Just a baby. They get to an absolute max of 19". He'll be good in the 125 for a few years, maybe good. Hopefully I have some success, he'll be by himself.
  10. R

Can Mbu puffer be pellet trained?

Crab legs is ur best bet. If he will take pellets it doesn't hurt to add that to his diet but ideally for both teeth and health reasons, prawns, mussels, clams, crabs and snails are best.
  11. R

The cowfish is cool but they are labelled as difficult to keep. It's going to be alone whatever it is that I get. What do they eat?
  12. R

So I dropped out of the hobby for about 6 months. I have a 3" Undulated Trigger in a 125 gallon tank. I plan to get rid of the Trigger and do one showpiece typo fish by itself. My tank has been running for two years all levels are great. Any suggestions on something relatively easy to keep? I've...
  13. R

What are the most hardy Marine Puffers?

I've had several marine puffers. All of which were beautiful, all of which i've failed miserably with. I took almost a 2 year break from puffers. I currently have a 125 gallon that has been running salt water for almost 2.5 years. I'm ready to give a puffer one more shot. I'll be in the tank...
  14. R

Feeding time for puffers and triggers in the 125g

Here's a vid taken on my iPad of my mappa, starry puffer and my 3 triggers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZhPJNnNq0E Sorry about the quality it's an iPad 2
  15. R

125 FOWLR suggestions.

I have a clown trigger, Undulated trigger, Picasso trigger, a Mappa puffer and a starry puffer in my 125 fowlr tank. Very fun tank.
  16. R

Can I comm Cross River Puffer with Arowana & Stingray

Beautiful cross river. Not sure I would do it if you like your arrow. I've seen a 3 inch fahaka take down a 13 inch Florida gar. Not worth the risk if cross rivers have the same temperament as a fahaka
  17. R

Golden Puffer fish and Guniea Fowl Puffer

Does anyone know where I can get these guys (Golden or Guniea Fowl Puffer) I've looked everywhere in Toronto. I'm willing to pay shipping, any tips that would lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rob
  18. R

The Canuck's Update

I just got a Golden Heart Trigger, I'm looking to get a Golden Puffer and a Guniea Fowl puffer much like your tank. Very had to come by here in Toronto. How much did you pay for those guys if you don't mind me asking.
  19. R

Little baby Fahaka just not growing

This seems to be a re-occurring thing. Mine is growing really slowly as well. I bout him really small around 1.5 inches and he eats like a beast yet it's been about 4 month and he's only about 3 inches. My last Fahaka was over double this size at the 4-5 month mark. Bad batch? I'm from Toronto
  20. R

How do you pronounce fahaka and mbu?

fa-ha-ka and ma-boo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store