Search results

1. zoohouse

my copper oscar doesn't eat

Looking at its lips it appeared to have columnaris. Most definitely was diseased.
  2. zoohouse

Polypterus Breathing Techniques

This is very interesting didn't realize they breathed through their spiracules. Also that last vid is definitely not a delhezi.
  3. zoohouse

WTB | Texas holey rock | $40 | Fort worth tx | Picking-Shipping

Used to be able to get it for .50 a pound everywhere, now it's about $1.25 lb. Just saw someone post 100lbs on Facebook yesterday and out sold in a few hours at like $2 lb. Also check out lace rock it's basically the same just smaller holes.
  4. zoohouse

ALL FINS UP !!!!

Let's see if it posts this time.
  5. zoohouse

ALL FINS UP !!!!

this is her initial photo bomb. One of my favorite delhezi she has unique markings.
  6. zoohouse

ALL FINS UP !!!!

That's one of my big female dels. She thinks all my pics need to be of her. Lol
  7. zoohouse

Think its time to try and spawn our Ornate Bichirs.

There was just a long dead thread that the op just popped back in this week. They have been breeding their ornates since like '07. Search it out, there was allot of useful info I that thread.
  8. zoohouse

Clown Knife Fish -- Where Did I Go Wrong?

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with clown knives under 8". Ime fish that don't out grow their undersized tank usually just died prematurely.
  9. zoohouse

ALL FINS UP !!!!

Love the three nostril, long fin Sen. Every one needs a freak every once in a while.
  10. zoohouse

ALL FINS UP !!!!

Somehow i don't seem to have many pics with dorsal spines up. Not to mention one of these look as whole lot like a pic someone posted a while back "look at my Mohawk" lol. Guess i need to piss my fish off a little more often.
  11. zoohouse

Where to buy acrylic in DFW

I don't know of anywhere in the Dfw area but I did come across a couple suppliers around Houston a few years back.
  12. zoohouse

I'd these turtles please

Stinkpots and musk turtles are not pescivores and do great with fish. Maps and muds can be a little bit of a gamble. Do not put a pleco in with them, if you are lucky the pleco will end up with nipped fins. Plecos will chew on the turtles shells and cause shell rot issues. To tell if you...
  13. zoohouse

SUPER SLOW eating Endilicheri

That bichir looks like he is going to end up a snack for that "O" pretty soon. Also that little guy will never eat with all that commotion going on spot feeding like that. My suggestion is to separate them or rehome the oscar you have atleast a year of good feeding growth before that mix will...
  14. zoohouse

Tank update!

That del looks female to me, ornate also. Nice looking del but the muscles on the anal fin look a little too underdeveloped to be male and from my experiences the females tend to have bigger "waist lines" than males.
  15. zoohouse

RWalleyTX Eheim 2262 setup/review THE BIG ONE

I have one on a 4' 110g and it is definitely 2x what is needed, but I utilize the extra flow to keep maintenance at a minimum. Awesome filters that last forever. No experience on the fx6's.
  16. zoohouse

4000 and 3000 gallon tanks

Wasn't he just talking about a 40'x15'x10' a few weeks ago. Lol
  17. zoohouse

16 pups to end the the year 2016

Wow.
  18. zoohouse

Live aquaria sent me the wrong type of Jack Dempsey, what can I do?

I don't see why you would be upset receiving a fish worth 10x as much as what you ordered.
  19. zoohouse

How many polys u got sandwiched together?

In my main tank I think I have 8 all over 12". In my heavily stocked grow out I have 12 or 13 between 8"-12", and in various other tanks I have 6 (counting ropes).
  20. zoohouse

Post your yawns....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store