2. A

when galaxy turn's mature.

x2
  3. A

Male/Female Flower Pair. WI. Meet/Pick-up

Too bad you aren't East Coast. I would snag these double quick... <3
  4. A

Leo/Hen x Leo Male Pup Born Last Night!

It was 5" at birth!?!? Wow. Just... wow.
  5. A

Flower Power

Firemedic, I couldn't imagine more capable hands to rest these beauties in.
  6. A

New 900g home for my rays

Oooo la la! I would have gone for something a bit wider, but I bet you don't get any complaints out of the rays!
  7. A

1000 gal tank project

<---- very envious
  8. A

FRT's and Rays

I say err on the side of caution. If your tank has a wide variety of sizes and species, is spacious enough, and is well fed and filtered I could see it working. Too many predators competing for food in a cramped and boring space spells disaster, as far as I can figure. If I had a pond...
  9. A

Do I always have to have a divider in?

From my experience a 'time out' usually calms the male down. I'm surprised that similar-sized rays would still fuss after 50 days of separation. You can try it again after some time has passed as long as you keep an eye on the little hornball.
  10. A

My new baby Marble!!

Congrats!
  11. A

Silica sand?

The problem with sand is that a thick layer (>3") can compact if undisturbed. With rays this shouldn't be much of a problem. Around decorations, driftwood, etc, I would recommend stirring the sand a couple of times a week. As long as the sand is fine and doesn't contain any heinous chemicals...
  12. A

URGENT HELP - New rays arrived just now

Normal. Of my 18 rays, only 2 of them lack these markings. Perfectly normal. :)
  13. A

Stingrays and MBU-puffer

I would say move it; puffers are notoriously bad tankmates (especially in small systems with a limited food supply.) With another large competitor for food (i.e. the stingray), especially one that isn't very likely to kill the puffer first, the situation could get very ugly. I've never seen a...
  14. A

white tile

x2
  15. A

How do you spend the evening with your Rays???

That's great! I've been scared that this could happen to our rays some time. It's good to know that they can be none the worse for the wear.
  16. A

Ray Stings?

"I have a friend that owned a hammer. He accidentally smashed his hand one day when his wife startled him, eventually having to have his entire left arm amputated due to an untended infection. I have never and will never own anything made out of wood or metal." Dogs are also dangerous, as are...
  17. A

How do you spend the evening with your Rays???

Any updates? I don't think there is any workable substitute to actually knowing the behavior of and spending quality time with your rays.
  18. A

Ray Stings?

You should never put your hand into a tank with a dangerous wild animal until you are totally comfortable with risks. That said, stingrays have the barbs just as a defense mechanism. The only time I've ever seen one of my stingrays actually whip their tails was during mating; the younger...
  19. A

mature male leo stingray chicagoland pickup

What a gorgeous stingray. <3
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store