Search results

1. H]-[H

Driftwood Preparation?

Sorry, my bad.. I should have stated the kind of driftwood that I got.. It’s a Malaysian driftwood..
  2. H]-[H

I think I pulled the wrong male.

If these two successfully mated, will their offspring be short-bodied as well? Personally, I don’t really like sb fish of any type.. They looked like normal GTs at the lfs when I first got them.. are there any ways to tell the difference between a normal and sb GT around 1”~2”? I’ve acquired a...
  3. H]-[H

Driftwood Preparation?

Any advice on prepping a large driftwood before putting in the tank? Ideally, it would be best if the prepping process could completely eliminate tannins from leeching into the tank water & also eradicate all potential pathogens from the driftwood.. Boiling would be a hassle as the driftwood is...
  4. H]-[H

A few days prior to the discovery of eggs, I did notice the "male's" reproductive organ larger than usual.. however, I can't tell if it's egg tube or big wiener :naughty: Plus, it kept showing male spawning behavior such as flaring, display of fins, twerking, nudging the other GT's genital &...
  5. H]-[H

Another quick question; do both male and female GT display vibrating body behavior? It looked almost like a spasm..
  6. H]-[H

I only have two GTs in the whole tank(120g).. My tank is bare bottom with only pothos roots as deco.. could be the reason why the eggs got sucked into the filter as there's nothing to cling on.. from the look of the eggs, they were white so it's either the "male" didn't get the chance to...
  7. H]-[H

Just when I thought I’ve found a sure way to sex them... hahaha I saw eggs in my filter but was unable to tell which of my two GTs lay them..they could both be females though which would be a bummer
  8. H]-[H

Are they both male? Especially the one on the right with the said white vertical stripes..
  9. H]-[H

@MrsE88 wanted to ask your opinion in regards to sexing GTs.. is it true that only female GTs show the two white vertical stripes on their bodies like the ones shown in your female pic above?
  10. H]-[H

Male or female gt

After some research on the web, it seems that only female GT have white vertical bars/stripes on their bodies.. Can any GT keepers verify this?
  11. H]-[H

New Life Spectrum Pellets

Hmm interesting.. aren’t all NLS pellets made from natural preservatives? I checked both ingredients and they are about the same.. From your experience, do you notice any difference in the fish when feeding Probiotix vs Thera+A?
  12. H]-[H

New Life Spectrum Pellets

Just found out that NLS came out with new pellets called Probiotix.. It mentioned that its nutrient formula is based on Thera+A which makes me wonder if it's worth shedding the extra bucks for Probiotix since it's almost twice the price of Thera+A.. My fish are fed on NLS exclusively (Thera+A)...
  13. H]-[H

Air Stone Bubbles Carry Oxygen and NOT Surface Agitation??

I know this topic has been debated many times over the years and even I myself have come to the conclusion that oxygen does not come from the air stone bubbles but from surface agitation caused by the bubbles.. However, I stumbled upon this video recently and wanted to know the feedback from...
  14. H]-[H

As far as growth goes, they seem similarly even.. funny that you mentioned spawning, the GT that I presume is a male started swirling around the other GT, its finnage spread open, nudging and rubbing his body against her and also lip-locking.. Is this mating behavior? This went on and off for...
  15. H]-[H

It's a 120g tank with just the two GTs.. had them for a month now when they were 2.5~3".. couldn't really tell how much they have grown.. probably just slightly bigger by eyeballing them.. about 3.5" or less.. Water temp is around 28°C and weekly water change (30%)
  16. H]-[H

Another thing I noted is their growth.. They seem to be barely growing since I got them from the lfs.. I feed them NLS pellets twice/thrice a day but haven't noticed any substantial growth.. What do you feed your GTs?
  17. H]-[H

Thanks for the input.. The reason I asked is cause I'm contemplating adding another GT or more to my current stock (two GTs which I presume are a pair) The current duo are getting along great, just the occasional chasing one another but nothing major.. I saw on other threads that it's advisable...
  18. H]-[H

Is it necessary to separate the paired GTs from the rest (assuming there are 5~7 GTs in the tank)? Will the paired GTs harass/beat up the rest to death?
  19. H]-[H

A. rivulatus challenge

They were both the last remaining GTs available in the LFS so in a sense, I picked the runts of the litter :nilly:
  20. H]-[H

A. rivulatus challenge

Please help me take a look whether these two GTs are normal or short body.. GT1 (pic 1 - 8) GT2 (pic 9 - 12) I got them both from the same batch and now they are roughly 3"~4"
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store