Search results

1. S

FISHING SEASON 09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find the biggest problem with birdnests are using lures too light for the reel you have. I bought an ultralight setup and use 1/16th oz weights and no problems. I only use spinning reels. I really dislike the baitcasters.
  2. S

but you already have all the cool fish there. Like baracuda, and tarpon (sp?) that and the fact that you have year round fishing in the sun. That would be awesome.
  3. S

Hey everyone, here is a fish my buddy caught using an ultralight setup (4lb test line, 1/16oz jig head with 2 inch twister tail, 4 foot 6 inch rod) He said it was a nice fight :) Mind you it rained pretty hard.
  4. S

Cool, just wondering what lure/bait you use to catch that trout? I have yet to catch a trout...
  5. S

Best filter?

Agreed..get an aquaclear 500 just to be safe :ROFL: Kidding, that would be over kill. If you do get an aquaclear, keep the sponges, buy some biomax and some filter floss. Have the sponge at the bottom, filter floss in the middle and biomax on top. You might have to replace the floss periodically...
  6. S

I have to say..I love spinnerbaits :) They always produce fish.
  7. S

A hair rig + corn usually always works :)
  8. S

Gars..never caught one, they look soo awesome.
  9. S

Holy crap..20 pike! That's insane..I've yet to catch a pike this season
  10. S

Woo, caught a big bass today. Caught him in a river, thought I hooked a rock...I was wrong.
  11. S

That is true, I was using an ultralight setup...That was fun :)
  12. S

Nice fish! I finally got to go fishing yesterday. Managed to hook a large rock bass, never seen one this size. I was using ultralight tackle with 4lb test line. It was fun catching this guy.
  13. S

Post 'em interesting trivia.....

Barnacles are known to have the largest penis of any organism. That is comparing it's overall body size to it's penis size.
  14. S

nice catch! Too bad in Ontario Bass season opens up at the end of June... Just curious, what lure/bait do you use for bass? I had some good results with spinners last summer. I think I am going to try texas or carolina rigs this year.
  15. S

Python makes meal of Maltese terrier

Well..they could if the US gets a ban on all pythons as being pets.
  16. S

found pic is it real?

Do you know what this means! Bacon for life...
  17. S

steal of a deal calvus style

probably one of my favorite fish...super expensive though. Nice steal.
  18. S

FX5 on a 55 gallon?

Nothing wrong with that... I soon will have an old fluval 403 running on a 33 gallon...
  19. S

byte by piranha..

Cant agree more..
  20. S

byte by piranha..

Actually, my co-worker got bitten by a RBP as well. His wound looked very similar to yours. He netted a big one about 9in and grabbed the net from the bottom, it bit him when he grabbed the net. He recovered, just make sure to put some antiseptic on that wound.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store