Search results

1. S

Compilation of DIY plywood tanks (Load Warning)

The gears of design are creeping back into life, it's been too long since the last catfish pond, the wife is getting worried!!!
  2. S

Can you tell what it is yet? Construction has started!

Not yet. Still waiting to move. Getting married later this year and moving after that so resisting the urge until then. It gets tougher the longer i go without big fish. The plans for the next build are pretty much sorted now in my head, just need the space to start it. Are you still in fish...
  3. S

arapaimas

Grow a pair, Grab that spade and dig yourself a hole for some, you're not MFK of you don't ;-) I want some and have the plan in place for the build for accomodating them. It's just taking time and life experience to get there. Set a long term goal of what you want in life and work your way...
  4. S

Many thanks for the kind words Shervin. Unfortunately we're still fish free and waiting to move (there's been a few hold ups) and i'm going slightly crazy not having any fish to look after. My trips to MFK haven't been as regular anymore since not having any but i will be back when the next...
  5. S

My new addition......but????

He's a little beauty mate, looks really healthy. I had mine in a 9x5x3 pond so just 1ft narrower than you want to build and he was perfectly happy in there. As i said on your other thread, growth from 3 to 18 inches took just a couple of months (mine was a pig too) but after that it slowed...
  6. S

TSNxRT (yellow fin cat) ?

Good choice of fish, selling mine on was the hardest thing i've ever had to do (pond had to come down.) Treat it right and as it grows it'll gain a brilliant personality, mine would respond when i'd enter the room and happily eat from my hands. Just watch for it considering your other fish as...
  7. S

9' long 4'high 5'deep ply tank has begun.....kinda!

Superb mate, looking good, that aro's just monster. Small simple stocking sounds great with how the tank looks already, glad it's all worked well for you. Spent the afternoon and evening getting the glass out of the metal frames from my build ready to use again, nightmare job, got first 2 out...
  8. S

Nice work Mike, good to see a fish in there! Making me miss my stripey though:(
  9. S

Big Catfish Need Homes - FREE! WA State

:clap:clap:clap:clap Epic work guys, one of the greatest MFK efforts for the fish i've seen in a long time. Rich, i wish you and your fellow ohio MFKers the best of luck with this and look forward to seeing pictures of the fish back at yours healthy and well.
  10. S

Nah i've not vanished, just got no fish for now and sorting out a lot of other stuff. Next big build's sat waiting in the planning stage, got most of it worked out in my head now so watch this space;) Yeah that would be the draw back to having him, he has a big mouth! Was 15inches long last...
  11. S

4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Damn, not been here for a while, would have thought you'd be leak free and full of fish by now. Sorry to hear it's still giving you issues, hopefully it's sorted soon for you. Back on topic, congrats on the engagement matey.
  12. S

wow, so much happens when i don't check MFK for a few weeks! Good work Mike, sucks about the leak though, hopefully that's sorted now. Soon be done. (Still possible availability on my big bass if you want, the guy that has it is having second thoughts and wouldn't mind it going if you're...
  13. S

This will be the last post here from me. It's all been taken down now, all the wood's either been burnt or taken away for use else where. Sat in a fishless void atm until Mrs Satan and I have moved, she's given me permission for a huge build once we're settled so gonna be worth the wait:) but...
  14. S

looking good as ever Mike, keep it up and easily done by the 5th.
  15. S

Sad, and satisfying at the same time! It's hard to feel upset when playing with powertools. Still not quite figured out how to get that glass out but at least it's slightly more managable now. Edit: wrong pictures again, right ones now.
  16. S

Looking good mate.........set yourself a target to getting fish in it?
  17. S

Cheers Mike, sounds like something i can pursuade Mrs Satan to help with and not let her know how itchy it's going to be! Are you just doing one layer of fibreglass or building up several for strength/security?
  18. S

Good to see progress again mike. How easy/simple was the fibreglassing? i'm wanting to use that on my next build too and debating whether to get someone to do it or have a crack at it myself.
  19. S

Does anyone here actually have a large Asian RTC?

I really should start watching that more often. Gotta get me big catfish fix somehow while i'm a fish free household.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store