Search results

1. B

Bumble Bee Goby help

I know I'm very late to reply to this thread, but I have my bumblebee gobies on a staple of frozen bloodworms.
  2. B

Ctenopoma acutirostre tank mate

If the crocodile fish would work temperment-wise, I would keep the tank with a pH of approx 6. As I understand it, that is at the lower end of what a Ctenopoma would like, and at the higher end of what a Crocodile fish would prefer,
  3. B

Ctenopoma acutirostre tank mate

I am acquiring a Ctenopoma Acutirostre in a week or so. Currently the tank has just one African Butteryfly fish and a bunch of cherry shrimp that I fully expect to disappear. I was looking at tank mates, and typical tank mates for this set up seem to include congo tetras or pictus catfish, which...
  4. B

Snow for water changes?

Okay, thanks for the response! I'll pass on it. Would the same be true of rain water?
  5. B

Snow for water changes?

Quick question. Would any of you know how good melted snow would be for a water change? I don't have a car so can't really buy any large amount of RO water. There's currently a blizzard going on outside so if snow is *pure* water, I might get a bunch and melt it down for water changes (I'm...
  6. B

55 Gallon Native Stocking Options

Hmm, I suppose that would only be worse with a pair of them eh. I'm thinking dace and slimy sculpins now, with trying out the sticklebacks and releasing them if they're to nippy.
  7. B

Whale Wars: Viking Shores

As reckless and irresponsible Sea Shepard is, you have to admit he is drawing attention to the issue. That being said, I don't really think it's the most effective (or safe) way to go about it.
  8. B

That's why I ask, thanks for the feedback. :) Like I said I was worried about the tank size. I'll go with option number one then. I've successfully kept slimy sculpins briefly before switching the tank to something different, but I'll keep the oxygenation issue in mind. I'm thinking of having...
  9. B

Hello! So I'm breaking out my old 55 Gallon tank that I used to use for native saltwater, and am going to use it for a native fresh water tank. Issue is deciding on what I want to put in there! I'll be in New Brunswick Canada (home) for the summer and that's when i'm going to catch the natives...
  10. B

New Puffer Tank

What's the challenge with figuring out the stand? A square stand would work fine, no need to make a hexagonal one to fit it (though that would look nice). Love puffers by the way!
  11. B

Blood Python

absolutely gorgeous animal!
  12. B

Keeping a wild caught wolf(?) spider..

Never kept a wolf spider, have kept jumping spiders and tarantulas though. I did however see someone giving away a wolf spider for free on Kijiji. The ad is gone now, but here's a screen shoot from when I shared it on Facebook to prove it existed. The ad was really funny and well written. He...
  13. B

First time 55 gallon Native aquarium

Love it, thinking about doing a 55 gallon native myself.
  14. B

10 Most Kick-butt sharks on earth.

They're ability to go into fresh water definitely makes them dangerous in more areas than a tiger or great white. When it comes down to it, would you rather be stuck in the water with a bull shark, tiger shark, or GW? I would have to go with the shark that couldn't bit me in half immediately...
  15. B

I was actually going to put GWs second, just to be different. First place was going to go to tiger sharks. Although, I found a source that said Tiger's give way to GWS when they are in the same area, so I couldn't rank the tigers higher even though I wanted to. It's funny you say frilled...
  16. B

10 most kick-butt Fish on Earth

Yup Fat Homer, it's salt water.
  17. B

Thanks MaddMaxx! I was really going for that, I think the different kind of teeth are really interesting myself. Does anyone else find the narrators voice in the shark vs octopus clip annoying?
  18. B

Sure thing DariusAmurdarja! I found several semi-credible sources while writing, because I wasn't quite sure myself. I didn't take the time to find a primary source though. Here is an article that talks about it...
  19. B

Since my previous post of the 10 most kickbutt fish on earth was well received here, I thought I'd post this here as well! Here's the 10 Most Kick-butt sharks on earth Let me know what you think! I regrettably didn't get to put the sandtiger shark in there (although tiger sharks are).
  20. B

MAC computers Suk

I find they're nice, and I always use the mac's at my university or work instead of the windows computers, but you can get a windows computer that's just as nice for a third of the price. That being said, I use linux (specifically Ubuntu) on my personal computer at home. Free free free! Better...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store