Search results

1. Otto_VonBacon

Whitish film on body of ocellaris clownfish

My biggest concern was Brooklynella. Though nothing has been added to the tank in about a year like I said. From what I understand brooklynella only happens to new wild caught clowns, not 5 year old tank inhabitants. He hasn't lost his appetite either which I understand is another tell tale sign...
  2. Otto_VonBacon

Anyone? Nothing? Not even a suggestion? Anything will be helpful.
  3. Otto_VonBacon

Yesterday I noticed a slight white film on both sides of my male clownfish as you can see here: Picture's not the best and I'll try to get a better one if I can get a shot at him. Tank parameters are: Ammonia: 0 NO2: 0 NO3: 0 pH: 7.0-7.5 Salt: 1.020ppm I've had these fish for about...
  4. Otto_VonBacon

Hate shark finning? Want to help do something about it? Tell the White House!

Exactly. I'm not one to necessarily support having the government tell us what we can or cannot eat, but the shark finning industry is doing untold damage to global populations. I think if we can diminish the demand, the supply will eventually go down with it. At least a little bit. The Shark...
  5. Otto_VonBacon

Hate shark finning? Want to help do something about it? Tell the White House!

I'm assuming most, of not all of the people that frequent the Sharks / Rays forum love sharks, and hate to see them be fished in such a inhumane and cruel manner. Just recently the White House opened a new website called We The People. The site gives everyone the chance to make petitions about...
  6. Otto_VonBacon

Could a pistol shrimp eat a goby?

Saltwater fish seem to disappear overnight. He probably died/got killed then feel into the rock work and got turned into supper.
  7. Otto_VonBacon

Random tenticles

Definitely not Aiptasia. Not really sure what it is.
  8. Otto_VonBacon

Please help my Lobster!!!

Never had one loose an eye, Not sure. Maybe.
  9. Otto_VonBacon

Please help my Lobster!!!

Sun is 100% correct.
  10. Otto_VonBacon

Out With The Old, In With The New!

It works pretty good. Better than the last one. Pain to clean, and detritus builds up in the very front compartment which is nearly impossible to get at. I actually had small chromis get sucked in the overflow and was living in there eating all the copepods. It took all day to get him out. I...
  11. Otto_VonBacon

My thingies.

The group 3rd from the bottom looks awesome.
  12. Otto_VonBacon

LFS has a baby sea turtle for sale

That's not the mentality to have in this hobby. Any illegal activity within this hobby should not tolerated. It would be irresponsible to not report him.
  13. Otto_VonBacon

LFS has a baby sea turtle for sale

Can you even breed sea turtles? I'm pretty sure they depend on tides and surf and whatnot for proper survival.
  14. Otto_VonBacon

Im back

What exactly did the canuck do? I looked at his posts and can't find anything to riskay.
  15. Otto_VonBacon

Live Aquaria now sells frozen fish!

I can't even sell things back to my LFS. I have to donate to him. He has a monopoly on saltwater fish in a good 60 mile radius ever since petco stopped carrying them. I don't really have a choice but to go with online purchases.
  16. Otto_VonBacon

What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

A pregnant crayfish escaped my tank. I found her a week later after following the trail of dead mummy babies leading to her mummy under my computer desk.
  17. Otto_VonBacon

Well they agreed to send us more fish which came today. We opened the box and guess what. DOA. Liveaquaria has some explaining to do. This is ridiculous.
  18. Otto_VonBacon

We only have one lfs in our area that sells salt water fish. And they usually don't have a lot. The next best place is about 60-70 miles away. I'll spend just as much on gas as I will on shipping going down there.
  19. Otto_VonBacon

Saltwater concern: Nitrate won't lower

Did you cycle fully before adding fish?
  20. Otto_VonBacon

orange crawfish??

No ones suggested Procambarus clarkii. They can be anything from blue to orange to red to white. How big is the Bichir? Crayfish might become lunch once he molts.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store