Search results

1. I

SAN JOSE BAY AREA MR. Jack Dempsey

someone take him!!! I need him gone so i can start working on this tank.
  2. I

SAN JOSE BAY AREA MR. Jack Dempsey

5-7 inches long, eats good, swims alot. He is all alone in a 75 g that I want to change over to an appistogramma tank. He needs a home, eats live food, eats worms, and pellets. I need him to go to a good home. Anyone in the local sj bay area want him? Thanks David...
  3. I

12 yr old wants to breed.

one of our local stores love apistos but they are a 50/50 cash credit etc. I don't mind shipping after i learn the in's and out's of it. I like fish staying at about 3 inches so apistos are nice. D
  4. I

12 yr old wants to breed.

So here is the deal, my son 12 wants to breed fish and I am down for it. So the question is which fish would yeild him the best results and be able to sell them with ease local and aqua bid? He can't get a job, he has no time after homework to do lawns for people, we have a ton of people in...
  5. I

Fluval 405 , can it be turned into a pump/filter/and overflow?

yes, id like it to skim the top of the water to clean up debris and oil slick looking material, and still suck from the bottom of the tank. D
  6. I

Fluval 405 , can it be turned into a pump/filter/and overflow?

So I don't have room for a sump which means I can't do an overflow, so the question is could I alter the intake on 405? So the intake drops straight down, but could i change it from the fluval pipe to a pvc and put the intake cap on the bottom, then up top use pvc fittings and a small...
  7. I

Tiling my 125

i think we are missing the point here :) It has really nothing to do with the substrate being sand, it has everything to do with making it look modern and bad ass :) I have looked at all sorts of tile, just wondered how to make it look ok without the conventional way to tile a floor or...
  8. I

Never ending Algea

I am going to break down the tank once jack gets a new home. I will then replace the media in the filter, replace the bulb, clean everything, paint the back black, look for items that can drop my ph then get into appistos. Hope the bulb is what is causing the algea, i heard if a bulb is going...
  9. I

FT or FREE jack dempsey for rams or anything else NOR CAL SJ, Pickup only

Jack is 2 years old Jack is 5-7 inches Jack is in a 75 gallon alone Jack needs a new home so my son can try to breed rams. I also need to overhaul the tank and have nothing big enough for him. Someone take him and give him a loving home??? Will trade for rams also, my son is trying to...
  10. I

29 gallon electric blue ram breeding tank

who are you using for a breeder? I would like to find a breeder who can sex them. D
  11. I

Never ending Algea

oh ya 1 tube.
  12. I

Never ending Algea

No live plants in the tank, i keep the 55 gallon on for hours and nothing, but this 75 wide, its 4 foot long 2 foot tall or so and wide. I am thinking of just getting a regular light for the thing and trying that. This is just blah!
  13. I

Never ending Algea

no the room is my office and there is a black sheet over the window, no natural light comes in. There is a standard lamp about 5 feet from the tank, but it's barely on. I did notice however when i had a pleco and i didn't pay much attention to the tank, meaning barely had the light on he was...
  14. I

Never ending Algea

zoo med/ reef sun 50/50 48 inch. thats all it says on it. D
  15. I

Never ending Algea

So here is the deal. I have a 75 gallon that has been up and running for years, I do water changes, clean the filter etc etc etc. I will list the items in the tank 1. Natural granite from a river, cleaned and boiled, bleached, washed, cleaned and boiled again 2. Indian slate, just...
  16. I

3D background resin

Back from the dead, I am worried for my background that the fiberglass resin is going to eat the foam, so the should I use the pond sealer over the foam, then fiberglass over that, then when all said and done, remove all of the foam making the fiberglass a mold vs a solid while installed. D
  17. I

diy fiberglass help, making bottom decoration

I saw the urajoey build online, his showed no signs of the styrofoam melting at all, he hasn't replied though. The catylist they sell there that goes with the surfboard resin is what he thinks will eat the foam.
  18. I

diy fiberglass help, making bottom decoration

Ok so years ago i made a decoration for the bottom of the tank, i used foam and cement. I never used it. For my sons 55 gallon he and i are making another bottom decoration but using fiberglass , resin, foam, and paint. Here is the question. 1. Which resin and catalyst should be used. I...
  19. I

LA PAZ Pebble

lol from the dead..... The rock looks great, but you need undergravel to use it, too much food gets stuck in the rock. using it in a 10gallon now.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store