Search results

1. King-eL

My endlicheris and plants

I might try and see what happens. Going to plant some crinum. This plants can grow up to 4 feet long. Already have some 2 feets ones in my shark minnow tank.
  2. King-eL

Very nice! I cant plant my plants within the substrates as they get dug up during feeding time.
  3. King-eL

For such a large fish I was afraid that they might break the steams but they gentle just hang out within the plants.
  4. King-eL

Endlicheris and plants

Here are my endlicheris chilling among the plants.
  5. King-eL

Here are my endlicheris chilling among the plants.
  6. King-eL

Juvenile wild endli info

Black volta usually resembles a faranah endli or a sp. dabola from Tinkisso. But they all have that solid half bars start from back of the body. Then becomes messy or none at all from lateral line going down. Could u post of urs? It's probably a white volta that got mix or mislabeled as black...
  7. King-eL

Juvenile wild endli info

All Volta endlis were used to be called just volta or ghana endlis. So some shipment actually have mix voltas. Never seen the red volta yet so not sure what they look like.
  8. King-eL

Juvenile wild endli info

They used to be very common back in 2003-2008. But due to many have paler patterns, they do not sell a lot. Then the black volta appeared in 2010 and have much more desirerable patterns to many hobbyist thats why they are now showing up more. Here was my former white volta. One of the few that...
  9. King-eL

Juvenile wild endli info

Not a black volta endli but from white volta. White volta endli were the very first ghana volta endli that were sold.
  10. King-eL

Senegalus interaction

Bichir infact can see. They are far sighted. They can see from far away but once the object is infront of the tip of the snout they now use more on smell as they can no longer see whats infront of them. It varies from different species/variants.
  11. King-eL

Endli id

I would say Ghana endli from Black Volta.
  12. King-eL

Royal knife versus normal Clown knife

RCK and CK actually just get the same size in captivity. Biggest one I had was 27". I've seen bigger too. For a 700g tank, they are most likely to hit pass 30" as I got a buddy who keep 3 in 600g that arr getting close to 30" or at already to that point.
  13. King-eL

315g Monster fish/Planted Full Tank Shot

No they dont bother
  14. King-eL

6 different species of anubias, 1 species of bolbitis, 2 different species of java ferns, hornworts and frogbits.
  15. King-eL

Lighter Tone ansorgii

The more u buy wc bichirs the more bichir will end up like that.
  16. King-eL

Lighter Tone ansorgii

Those are PBBs from Cameroon not ansorgiis. The one on the bottom are congicus. Only Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Nigeria are Ansorgii are found.
  17. King-eL

Lighter Tone ansorgii

Ansorgii from Nigeria have no patterns. Many ansorgiis are from Tinkisso guinea that usually show the tannish red or brown color. Another rare occation is a greenish brown ansorgii from kolotoon Guinea. The ones from Nigeria have olive grey base color and pale patterns to none at all. Here is a...
  18. King-eL

Current setup. Added more plants. Soon more fish and more plants pa ulit. Early pre-planted
  19. King-eL

Polypterus Enclosures pics

Current setup. Added more plants. Soon more fish and more plants pa ulit. Early pre-planted
  20. King-eL

Bichir/AFrican Featherfin Catfish compatibility

It's 50-50 just like plecos. I had succesed and also failed with this catfish. If u starve them as start to have a taste of slime coat on ur bichirs, regardless of food u drop. During the lights off or when they are active it will go for the slime. However if they never have tasted slime coat on...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store