Search results

1. U

ID Please

short body leucistic convict
  2. U

Amazing fish story!

I can comfortably say that he has recovered. Lesson being if your fish blows up like a balloon because his swim bladder is filled with air get a big arse needle stab and save him!
  3. U

bonsai id?

you can look at my thread "amazing fish story" here and I explain it.
  4. U

bonsai id?

thats what happened to my titanium and i saved his ass with a hypo.
  5. U

Amazing fish story!

he is now swimming normally! I think he's gonna be ok.
  6. U

Amazing fish story!

thank you he seems to have a positive attitude. Ill try to get a pic. he looks like an empty sack of a fish. Like he has no entrails whatsoever.
  7. U

Amazing fish story!

I am moving and have already packed my camera but I would love to. I might start busting boxes open so I can document his hopeful recovery. He is actually eating now just an hour after deflation. I noticed one of his eyes looks alittle sunken in. Im not sure if it was like that prior to...
  8. U

Amazing fish story!

Mt titanium flowerhorn has developed a swim bladder problem and has blown up like a balloon and floating at the surface for 1 month. I have been treating him and keeping him submerged but he has not eaten for about 3 weeks and has developing "bed sores" from being against a surface for so long...
  9. U

What Do I Call This Cross ??

that one actually came out much redder than mine. how big is it? Is that from the first batch of fry you had and now you have another.
  10. U

Red Texas ?

escondido blood parrots are cool but not as cool as escondidos. Very dull background unlike a red texas. Also when fish are young the fins are often rounded even if they are male and will develop points with maturity.
  11. U

Not thrilled with Gymnos

I think someone had a point with the male ratio. I have a tank with several varieties of gymnos and lots of males as well as females. With so many males they all have to be constantly on guard and defending and creating territories. The yerbolita is the king and stays in the front center of the...
  12. U

MOVING fish technique

I would like to hear as many peoples moving stories as possible. Meaning you have to move to a new location and you wanna bring all 20 of your tanks and fish with you. I am moving in 1 month and have about 11 tanks and fish to move. in the past I have just siphoned the water right out the window...
  13. U

my fishes are dying help please

are you really asking if electrical current in the tank is a problem? If you were not previously aware electricity sent through the bodies of most living things is indeed detrimental. Are you using a multimeter? Electrical current in the water can also be responsible for hole in the head disease.
  14. U

Gymnos Spawned

as for the labiatus was this their first time spawning? how old were they before it happened and what did their diet consist of?
  15. U

Mystery fish!!! CAlling all detectives...

def not true yellow cons but nanos have been known to cross with cons.
  16. U

Gymnos Spawned

wow.. thats funny. those gymnos are a goofy bunch. how big/old are those labiatus and how many times have they tried?
  17. U

i only thought this was a good idea

So i used an under gravel filter not as a filter but as a support for rocks in my african tank instead of getting egg crate. Seemed like a good idea until the first time I gravel vacced and realized that things were surly getting trapped under the filter and could eventually cause problems. what...
  18. U

Cryptoheros Nanoluteus

That's kind of the point. if need be i can arrange for them to have their own space but it will require some juggling and should be only temporary. I now have too many tanks so another is not an option.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store