Search results

1. C

Breeding Jaguar Cichlids

Are you asking because you want to set up a jag breeding tank?
  2. C

Honduran jaguars

I have been breeding honduran jags for a couple years now. The top jog could be a male, watch how he fills out, they are very misleading. I actually have a gorgeous mean male. If I go anywhere near the tank he turns purple and bangs the glass.
  3. C

my 120 and its fish

Looks like a young jag to me (parachromis managuense) could be another parachromis though. Sent from my SGH-I717R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  4. C

Stocking Ideas.

The ones you saw were probably aphyosemion australe. They are beautiful easy to breed Killies. The best bet is 2 females and a male in a 10 gallon tank with a breeding mop. In Africa they live in elephant footprints. If you look up killifish natural habitat on YouTube you'll actually see them...
  5. C

Lost fish!! Help

You said nitrates and nitrites are 0 but what about ammonia? You also didn't answer aboit the cycling. how long has your tank been set up? Sent from my SGH-I717R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  6. C

Post your MONSTER Jags.

Wow that looks exactly like the male from my other pair! Doesn't show in this pic but I swear they look identical!
  7. C

Post your MONSTER Jags.

Got some pics of the babies hope you enjoy! Mom and Pop! They are F1 Yellow heads
  8. C

Pond fertilizer for aquarium use

I guess it would help to have the ingredients.
  9. C

No answers? Sent from my PMI920 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  10. C

When do you have your lights on?

Added more lights to the tank and co2, now the brown algae is gone and the green has started. If I remember correctly this indicates I need more ferts right?
  11. C

I have searched all over and haven't come up with a definitive answer on this. I was in the lfs the other day, and I asked the guy about bulk plant ferts for my 125 gallon. As you all know, dosing the lfs liquid ferts gets very expensive on larger tanks. The guy in recommended I use liquid...
  12. C

Profitable Fish

apistogramma cacatuoides (double red) would pay your hobby. If you are looking to actually make money you need a pretty big setup in my opinion. It would be nice to breed fish that are worth hundreds to thousands but bottom line is finding buyers. Then you could consider breeding something...
  13. C

If you need glass / acrylic

Is there anything you can do to montreal, canada Sent from my Nexus S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  14. C

Random update/pics of the crew.

I love the sand, what is it? What kind of eel is that?
  15. C

l27 Top shot

wow sooo nice!
  16. C

Pssst...Tired of buying expensive bottles of Flourish Excel?

Any replies to this? Its got me worried....
  17. C

rate my little dovii...

I would love to see new pics!
  18. C

I haven't checked kh or gh but everything else is 0 except nitrates 0-5 ppm. You have a good point about shadowing, I'm gonna try some new configurations with the lights to see if it changes anything.
  19. C

Everywhere I have read that brown algae is caused by not enough light, however, I get it on the side of my tank with more light...very strange.
  20. C

I have a large 6" pleco that cleans the glass great, but no one to clean the plants, I have a 15" aro and 2 breeding jags (male around 10") so unfortunately ottos are out! Any suggestion on other algae eaters that won't eat plants and won't be eaten?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store