Search results

1. Q

my 50G Discus tank

You inspire me to do this
  2. Q

new acquisition problem

hahaha :grinyes: That made me think of my albino frog that is missing his two front appendages. I saw him at the LFS like that and asked if there was a discount for the armless frog, and he gave it to me for free haha
  3. Q

Yep-A treat

:O Amazing :p
  4. Q

cross breeding?

Yes. Temperment is important in this case of breeding.
  5. Q

algae eater for guppy breeding tank

But bristlenoses might be too large, right? I would suggest otto cats.
  6. Q

Will this work???????

That should work just fine!
  7. Q

new acquisition problem

True that :naughty:
  8. Q

Will this work???????

You should get fish that are not "shy fish". Most catfish should be fine (they didn't exist to my betta). Fast, defendable fish. What are some ideas of yours?
  9. Q

Will this work???????

Female bettas are definitely fine with other fish. Male bettas will sometimes pester fish. It is different for everybody. I kept a Male betta in my community tank and after around 5 monthes, he decided to start picking on my African Knife. My Knife was much faster so it didn't pose a threat...
  10. Q

about my driftwood

You should still boil it if you can. Especially coming from your friend's pond. Boil it and if it continues to leak tannins, I would just recommend getting a new piece of driftwood. Sorry :frog:
  11. Q

Most Expensive Fish

The lochness monster for ONE BAJILLION DOLLAS! Discus can be pricey though. I've seen some for around $200 a piece.
  12. Q

My brackish tank photo

Yes, I once had a green spotted puffer, and he ended up with a tank to himself. He didn't eat all of my other fish, I just wasn't enjoying his temperment with the others. How big is yours right now? Mine was only about an inch, and dominated everyone. He did however stay away from ghost shrimp...
  13. Q

Snowflake Eel... Help?

I have never heard of a snowflake eel of any kind living in brackish conditions. Echidna nebulosa the snowflake moray eel is to be kept in full saltwater conditions...
  14. Q

FRED!!!!!

Dang... FRED is lookin good! Nice work, and that was epic- what he has made it through. Hats of too FRED :headbang2
  15. Q

painting glass tank

When we spray our tanks for behavior studies, we spray on thick once and it is always good enough. Glass is easy to cover in paint.
  16. Q

Large Clown Knife and Royal Knife Together

Pick your favorite of the two or get a tank divider maybe. They most likely will not get along. Sorry! It is always a bummer when fish dreams are squashed by territoriality and fighting...:nilly: Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? ...Why can't we be...
  17. Q

FRED!!!!!

Oh. my. That is so amazingly hardcore. This feeder is the definition of hardcore. Go FRED! hahaha
  18. Q

painting glass tank

I'm assuming that fish like painted sides? Do you guys paint three sides? I've only heard of painting tanks during behavior experiments with fish. I'm very curious about this though. Is it genuinely good for the fish?
  19. Q

FRED!!!!!

Yeah. I hope he finds this and makes a video where he is eaten by monster fish ;)
  20. Q

FRED!!!!!

Oh and at first I thought this thread was a spam about the infamous YouTube FRED hahaha... He might as well be a feeder ;O
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store