Search results

1. O

Mangrove Jack update - Dec-2012

simply stunning
  2. O

My first monster tank!

The tank has been cycling all of april with about 100+ gallons of water in it. Went out and picked up a MRC Mr-2 used protein skimmer today. I think this will handle the tank for the long run. Also picked up the last bulkhead fitting I needed for the sump. Now I just need to get it all put...
  3. O

My first monster tank!

Thanks guys and Muske way to put a positive spin on things. I hadnt really thought of it that way. It will probably be closer to a month before the tank is operational now. I did however put a about 150lbs of rock in it, to get the cycle going. So far its been cycling for two weeks.
  4. O

My first monster tank!

Hasnt been fun so havent really felt like updating. I built the sump then broke it ( cracked a side panel), then a few days ago I had some friends over for drinks and when showing off the skimmer I broke that. I am way behind on the build anyway due to a blown head gasket and an emergency dental...
  5. O

My first monster tank!

Miller lite will unfortunatly not be in the tank decor. However some old pepsi and dr pepper glass bottles will be part of the decor. Sanded down a bit maybe even broken as well. I have my LFS coming out this tuesday to finish off the build. Its not worth hurting myself finishing it up...
  6. O

Rate The Fish Above You

9 for the 9" multi colored RD My old Evil Eel Blenny / Green Wolf Eel. He was a ham for the camera.
  7. O

My first monster tank!

Alright so I held of on plumbing the tank because Im switching some pieces of the drain from rigid to flex. Picked up a protein skimmer made by the same local company who made this tank. Its a Top Fathom 200A that Im going to use untill my fish grow out some or I come across another good deal on...
  8. O

Saltwater tips FOWLR

Always glad to see more people on the salt forums here on mfk. Building a fowlr set up myself with a volitan lion and an eel ( maybe fire coral or brazilian horned). I cant wait to see pictures!
  9. O

My first monster tank!

That was just test fill, no salt or anything. Still working on the sump. I am picking up a 5 stage ro/di set up this friday. Along with sand,rock, a used protein skimmer, and new lighting. Should have everything I need (for the most part lol) on friday.
  10. O

My first monster tank!

:D I told my friends and family on fb that I put lcd tv screens in the overflows. So far I have three people convinced....
  11. O

What's your largest fish?

Biggest Ive had was a 28" freshwater moray. Currently no fish to contribute, however my new 270 Im setting up will change both those numbers I hope!
  12. O

My first monster tank!

Just test filled it for the first time just past 1/3 of the way.
  13. O

My first monster tank!

I will be buying the tusk from divers den to make sure its colorful and healthy. I have overlooked the fact the I needed a non tempered glass tank for the sump since Im runnning and external pump. Off to a glass place tomorrow to check if its tempered, get some baffles made, and drill the hole...
  14. O

My first monster tank!

That may be an exact quote lol! Awesome news about the zebra. I am trying to wait for my 90 gallon to sell before ordering the skimmer... keyword being trying. If not sold by wednesday then I will order the skimmer anyway. Also just had a few people help me move the tank to its display...
  15. O

My first monster tank!

I see Live Aquaria divers den has a really nice zebra and harlequin tusk , doubt either will be there when Im ready for them. Not sure as to the order I should add these fish when time comes. Just got home from picking up a used Reef flo snapper pump. Hopefully this will work well enough so I...
  16. O

My first monster tank!

So I went to lowes and grabbed $100 in pvc and parts come home only to realize I need to move the tank before I attach any more plumbing. Ateast I hadnt started yet or that would have been a big screw up! Getting a reeflo pump of craigslist this weekend. Should be able to order the skimmer as...
  17. O

My first monster tank!

Will be set up FOWLR. Any thoughts on the red sea Cskim 1800. vid attached sold me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK4fAXdALxI
  18. O

My first monster tank!

Red Sea C-Skim 1800 Advanced Protein Skimmer Anyone have or had one of these, or any opinions would be great.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store