Search results

1. B

08TRDOFFROAD's 45 Gallon Build

Looking like you are off to a good start. Dont worry about your green toadstool mushroom. If I move mine at all it gets mad and closes up for a while. I have even almost thrown it out once because it looked so bad and didn't open for several days but it always comes back and looks good. I...
  2. B

How do you get rid of this, Salt water tank Newbie...

I also agree with Eastbay and nonstophoops. I have used the chemiclean after I was gone 2 months straight and it worked pretty well on my tank that was completely covered and nasty. I didn't lose any corals, fish, or anemones. But like they said, its a temp fix and the cause would still need...
  3. B

Help with SW tank

Red again
  4. B

Help with SW tank

Quick answers in Red. Feel free to ask more questions.
  5. B

My new 75g

Looks very nice. I think it was a very good decision moving over to the 75.
  6. B

Stripper Names...

Oak Twister That sounds pretty bad
  7. B

dragon eel pix

That thing is awesome. It looks fat and happy.
  8. B

Ideas

I personally would have avoided the wrasse if I had the mandarin but you may be good since you are dosing pods. I know my melanurus wrasse is literally always hunting and sneaking around the tank trying to pick off any pods and it gets more than its fair share at feeding time. Its always on a...
  9. B

Help a NOOB out :)

+1 Research is key for saltwater, especially when it comes to stocking. Best to do it away from someone trying to sell you things.
  10. B

What are you feeding your fish?

NLS PE mysis Rod's Food Raw Shrimp Nori My fish are 2 clowns, a Melanurus Wrasse, a Scopas tang, a Starry blenny, 2 pajamas and a black molly:screwy:. Everything eats the NLS and mysis. The PJs don't eat the nori but the wrasse absolutely destroys the nori sheets. Everything goes the...
  11. B

Stealth Heater Recall

I am glad that I stuck to Ebo Jager heaters in my tanks after hearing so many horror stories about these. I have heard of people trading in 100w Stealth heaters and getting much nicer ones so good luck if that is what you're doing.
  12. B

Buying corals

I generally buy coral from local reefers. The local reef club has way better deals than the LFSs around me. There are a few people selling frags all the time and some people randomly selling larger pieces so I can look at a good variety. Other than that, there is only 1 LFS by me that has decent...
  13. B

Morning

Welcome Sounds like you will be spending alot of time in the polypterus section.
  14. B

AquaC Remora questions

The pre filter/ surface attachment goes around the pump if I am not mistaken. Its basically an overflow that feeds the pump. I am not sure on this but hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in. I would have gotten the Mag3 for mine if I were buying new but I bought used off of a...
  15. B

AquaC Remora questions

I bought mine used as well. It still seems to work better after a week or so but I started mine on a new tank so that kind of makes sense.
  16. B

cool cars with great gas mileage?

You're coming off very childish bud. Fact is that there are great cars from every country and there is no need or reason to be so close minded. Having driven everything from beat up old Mercedes and Taurus' with 2 forward gears and no reverse to new Bentley Continentals and GT500s, I can...
  17. B

AquaC Remora questions

Im running the Pro with the Rio 1400.
  18. B

Really need some help here...

I run an XP3 on my reef tank and I don't know why people hate on canisters so much. Just like everything else in this hobby, you have to keep on the maintenance and clean it regularly. It does a great job polishing the water and adds flow and surface agitation. I just have the 4 stock filter...
  19. B

AquaC Remora questions

I run mine down pretty far as well. Skimmate is still really dark and stinky.
  20. B

Ideas

I think stacking up some base rock would be a great idea. Make some caves and areas for the fish to swim through. More corals are always a good thing too. Some cardinal fish or some other fish that arent shy and stay higher up in the tank would look nice also in my opinion. I really like my...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store